Thread: whenever closing a YouTube tab Chrome crashes

whenever closing a YouTube tab Chrome crashes

I always surf through the youtube videos in internet explorer as well as Mozilla firefox . but later I switched to google chrome. But the thing which is happening with me is whenever I close ANY YouTube tab, google Chrome browser crashes totally so I don’t have any idea regarding this . can you suggest me some means to do the same.

Re: whenever closing a YouTube tab Chrome crashes

I have come across this situation most of times and found on net that the just refreshing the YouTube tab should resolve it and there is no need to update your browser. you will be no longer occurring with a hang at the time of closing a YouTube tab after watching a video.

ahead disabling together flash players, I found that the video still plays owing to youtube's html5 player, though the "non-responsive" difficulty is resolved. I made some attempts opting out of the youtube html5 beta (youtube.com/html5) although it did not really hinder the html5 player.

I want to know in this matter as can you guys verify if crash IDs are produced when this occurs? You need to first opt into crash reports, and to locate the crash ID and this can possibly solve with which you are concerned to.

I need to agree with the above post that after disabling all flash players under about:plugins, the crash issue was resolved. For the foremost time however, I did observe that the YouTube videos sustained to play even after disabling of the flash player. As a result this guides me to consider that YouTube may possibly have made a few alterations to its html5 player in recent times.

I am also having the similar problem. I have made some attempts to isolate together both of them, and in both situations google chrome has performed in the similar way. following closing a tab with a running video, the browser collapses and turns to be unresponsive. in addition, every once in a short time, I'll let chrome to keep running along with the browser will denote that there was a issue with the flash player. Can you guys solve it for me as the above replies didn’t worked in my case.

I had some issues regarding the same case and mine was solved after some investigations.
    1: I made sure about the plugins: chrome://plugins/
    2: Shockwave-plugin had some fault, and so required to be updated
    And just after I made the update, everything was fine . I was able to close youtube tabs with no chrome crashing.

I made some experiments in this case. Have a glance over it.
    a) after disabling both the Flash files (gcswf32.dll & NPSWF32.dll) you can see that the issue is solved.
    b) and when you enable the Flash gcswf32.dll, and disable the NPSWF32.dll the problem occurs.
    c) again after further investigation, disabling Flash gcsswf32.dll, and enabling NPSWF32.dll the problem will appear again .

if we compare the cases B and C, as Chrome hangs initially , crash IDs prob won't get produced. We'll require a hanging dump file in its place which I can offer you directions on how to get. But I need to know what OS you are making use of . ?

as a substitute of straightforwardly closing the tab by clicking on X, make use of "Tab Organizer" (which you are able to make a download from the Google Chrome stockpile); you'll have the aptitude to shut any tab you desire by making use of this option extension. It offers you a catalog of each tab you have open, as well as with this list you can decide which tabs/pages you wish to shut.

I was also having similar problem and after searching lot over net, I found that you need to sign up to YouTube's HTML5 beta, then Flash won't load at all as well as the Google chrome browser wont crash at all.

Guys, it appears that i have also had this difficulty. i came across about this situation that crashes occurs when the youtube player is previously loaded. My means of shunning the crash is to go away from the youtube video player (by searching for some videos , going backside to youtube home page, and so on) and subsequently close the tab. Hope this one helps.