Thread: local CSS / JS caches in opera.

local CSS / JS caches in opera.

I am having issues with my current opera browser. Here the local CSS / JS caches badly. it will update, If you try to go to one of the affected files directly and tend to affix a random query string. But the issue is it will tend to revert back to the cached version after you eliminate the random query string. I am facing this issue together on Windows and Mac. Can you have some fix over it.

Re: local CSS / JS caches in opera.

Initially , all you need to do is to clear the cache and after that you will not tend to have issue in this case. Hope this solution works for you.

The previous post is absolutely right , but if your issues still remain the same you need to try with the following. You need to go in the settings of opera and then in the Preferences you will be able to see the Advanced option and in history . you need to click on Always for Check documents and also in the case of Check images and finally OK.

I also had the similar problem and as you said that there are issues regarding the caching, the same situation occurred before me. But after trying browsing by making use of private tab/window, I was able to solve that issue.

In my case , I also tried with some solution which I found from some sources. So , to continue, you need to update the private tab solution , but after doing this, it will work only for a some time. frequently, just like with normal tabs, the caching issue then kicks in, apparently at random. I don’t know a permanent fix , but closing the private tab and opening a new one will resolves this, but not forever.

I need to know , that in which manner are you refreshing your page. Is that by means of F5? Or by going to the Address bar and then entering? Or by means of CTRL + R ? as the manner in which you refresh also differs. "by means of Address bar and then Enter" loads from cache. And by doing a F5 it insists on a harder refresh.

I always make use of F5 for refreshing purpose . but after your suggestion I tried your way. I just considered that it was a concept of internet explorer and didn’t implemented in opera. But I found that there was no refresh when I tried the tried CTRL+F5 / shift+F5 on mine current Opera 11.60 browser.

I need to say that the concept of CTRL + F5 will not be able to work on Opera 11.60 or 11.61. It is not in a steady build up till now. And normally people have questions regarding the feature being encapsulated in 11.62 and will tell you that they are right and if you come across at the change logs, it was further added to Opera 11.62 build 1302 CORE.