Thread: incorrect icons are displayed by opera jumplist

incorrect icons are displayed by opera jumplist

I was making of use of a default browser which was internet explorer. But later as I found that the working and graphics were not suiting me, I switched on to OPERA browser. I was really happy while working with it. But later, I found that opera jumplist was displaying incorrect icons. I don’t know the exact reason behind it. so can you guys help me out from this.

Re: incorrect icons are displayed by opera jumplist

I also choose the opera as it was very comfortable for me. But later I was also having the same issue and in my case the Opera jumplist doesn't illustrate the favicon and to tell about it , it is a PNG-file. It appears as if it supports ICO-files only. So in your case , you need to try with You may try this with some computerbase.de site And you need to pin one of these sites to your jumplist. Hope this helps.

I have found some information regarding it and came to it that the opera have this issue and they have reported the bug as DSK-331882. So I can think that they will be with some conclusion or the other regarding this matter.

There are chances that the Jump List might be in lieu of the Bookmarks list or in addition to it if you are making use of Win XP.

As you suggested some site and working on if I create a bookmark for that site , the favicon is displayed correctly in my bookmarks list. though, it is NOT exhibited at the left end of the address bar. And to tell you further about this case, favicons for many sites behave in the similar way.

Thanks for those replies but , I am not able to understand one thing. How are the Jump List icons populated in real sense . I am of the doubt whether it is done by Win7 independently of some browser, or else is it done by accessing icons from the browser?

According to me, I only know that all other chief browsers have fully practical jumplist. Jumplist are a Windows 7 feature, but the accurate execution of bookmarks is evidently a job for Opera. But I don’t think so they are working on it.