Thread: Opera bookmarks is missing after updating it to Opera 11.61

Opera bookmarks is missing after updating it to Opera 11.61

Today when I opened opera then there was a new update a new version available so I downloaded and installed the same in the same place where I was having the last version and now I have found that the previous bookmarks that I was having are missing, some of them were very important to me, so I just wanted to know if I can get them back or not??

Re: Opera bookmarks is missing after updating it to Opera 11.61

Today when I opened opera then there was a new update a new version available so I downloaded and installed the same in the same place where I was having the last version and now I have found that the previous bookmarks that I was having are missing, some of them were very important to me, so I just wanted to know if I can get them back or not??
    I think that it is because you installed the latest version to the place where you had stored the old version, anyways you can check out for bookmarks.adr file on system and see if you are able to find out the same or not, if you get it then you can just go to Opera > Settings > Import and Export > import Opera Bookmarks and then you will get them back.

Hey thanks for that I have now followed the solution that you have suggested and I have found the files as well but then the other issue here is that there are a no of them and I don’t know which one to choose, can you help me out with the same??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Now that’s a bit of pain, anyways what you can do here is just open them one by one in text editor and see if you are getting the one having the familiar site, just check it out and then let me know if you are able to complete the process or not.

I think that a better idea will be checking out the file as per the last-modified date probably the ones that are nearest to the Opera update, if in case the new Opera version might have started a new bookmarks file say in some other location then the old ones would have not get messed up with the same and you be facing much pain in finding out the right file that you are looking for.Just look it for in the way i have suggested and then let me know if it is helping. best of luck.

Hey thanks to you both for your help so far but then I will like to add that there were 35 of them and I have tried all of them but then they did not helped, it seems the one having the latest bookmarks have been lost but then I am not that sure about the same, I am really running out of ideas now is there any other solution that I can try out to get the old bookmarks?? Further help will be highly appreciated.