Thread: Is it possible to make Opera search , selected text

Is it possible to make Opera search , selected text

hi

I am new in with this browser so I am still learning to use it and like to tell you that I am half way through it but at this moment I am stuck in something that I need your help in so the problem is that I need to know how can I make opera search to select the text like we do in the firefox and all . I used the Ctr+F(or Ctr+G)but that just open the empty search form without the selected text. So is there any one here can help me to find answer to this I would be really appreciate this

Thanks in advance

Re: Is it possible to make Opera search , selected text

Well there is one option that you can use like change the menu like assign them to the Crtl – f which is basically use for Find you can change it to the Find & Paste mouse selection , hope that works

That really looks interesting that method you have suggested but I doubt that it will work as you supposed it must be . in fact I tried it and it just finds the clipboard contents, not the selected text

Well it worked of me when I use it on the Linux however on windows it appeared to be work if I use the mouse gesture , I have seen this on Focus address field & Paste mouse selection . This command is useful as it don’t need the preceding copy command and do not use the clipboard at all. I think the only reason this wont work on the windows because this might be a bug in the opera.

Well suggest you to make a a mouse gesture or keyboard shortcut similar to Hotclick Search, 12 or just use the mouse button search that will help you I guess . I read it in some article that struck to me when I saw this topic hope this help

No I don’t think that will help , what we want here is Find in page , not Search for Web .that code that you have given is just bring the Google search not Find in page search. This will only work if the search.ini contains an enabled seach engine of search type=12 . Well I am modified search.ini that is different.

Well I have to agree with this as the AFAIR "12 is standard number to find the pages and I guess whoever will modify it or in some cases remove it will know what's going on

I guess that is not set on the opera F3 us same the Ctrl-F however that will be remain searches for the last text searched for not for the arbitrary selection.