Thread: Need Bookmark Manager for Seamonkey

Need Bookmark Manager for Seamonkey

I do use SeaMonkey from long time as it is a good Mozilla Application Suite. And I also use Mozilla Firefox some times when SeaMonkey does not work. I do use Bookmarks as a different window in SeaMonkey. As it is very easy to use all the bookmarks. And Mozilla Firefox bookmark library is very difficult to use. I have not updated the SeaMonkey recently as the other versions do not support ViewSourceWith add-on. I did tried 2.5 version and after upgrading I came to know it was almost same as Firefox Library so I uninstalled this version and again installed 2.0.14. So I just wanted to know that is Bookmark Manager a part of seamonkey.exe file or it is a different component. As if it is different we can install new version of SeaMonkey 2.5 and use Bookmark Manager of 2.0.14.

Re: Need Bookmark Manager for Seamonkey

I think it was forced on SeaMonkey and it was because of the shard code with Firefox. Do one thing just try this link if it can help you out. chrome://communicator/content/bookmarks/bm-panel.xul put this in your URL

Hey thanks for the link as I can see the SeaMonkey page with properly arranged Bookmark but as I said that I have again installed 2.0.14 so I would have seen it correctly only. I have not installed 2.5 version but if I install that version and I use this link will I be able to see it the same way as I can see it now. bm-panel.xul file is not there in my computer so I think that it comes with seamonley.exe only.

Just go to this link now C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\omni.jar, this is a compiled Java runtime library. Just try and open this in notepad and after opening this file in notepad do search for bm-panel.xul file you will find it over here. And it does not look as same as the 2.0.14 version in 2.5 version but it can be use and it is better than Mozilla Firefox Bookmark Library.

There is almost a negligible difference between chrome://communicator/content/bookmarks/bm-panel.xul and Bookmarks Manager in SeaMonkey 2.7. Bookmarks Manager does have more things, but it can be made to look like the same as bm-panel.xul.

How to export Bookmarks Using SeaMonley:
    Click the bookmark menu and then go to Manage Bookmarks. Now just select Tools menu in Bookmarks window and press Export tab. After doing this it will ask you to save and it will ask for a location to save all the bookmarks but don’t forget to save the file as .HTML no just click the save button and the bookmarks will be exported.

Hey thanks for showing how to export the book marks but can you now let me know how to Import it as if I install a new version so can I import all the same bookmarks again so that I can use them again.

Sure bro I will let you know how to import also as it is also a very simple method you can import the bookmarks by using the SeaMonkey Application Suite. Just as you export you need to follow the same steps to import also put in place where you select export select import and then give the location of the file and click open it will import all the bookmarks and you will be able to use it again.