Thread: Slow video streaming on my Asus Laptop running Windows 7

Slow video streaming on my Asus Laptop running Windows 7

So I don’t know from where exactly this issue arrived. I have been working with the online video streaming on my laptop from the time I have bought it. But now suddenly from last few days I have noticed that for 1 small 2 minute video it takes a much long time to stream which was quite shocking for me. I know that it’s not my browser which is creating the problem. No matter which site I visit in order to watch a specific video, the streaming is bound to be slower and slower. It’s been since 5 years I am using this laptop and accessing internet on it without getting any issue till now.

Re: Slow video streaming on my Asus Laptop running Windows 7

As you are using your net onto your system from last so many years, I think you need to clean up some contents and dirt from your machine. Yes I think you need to first clean up the temporary file so that you could provide you machine more space in order to receive other external files. In order to create more resources you need to:

• Quit web browser if it’s open
    • Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
    • In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
    • Click OK.

Yeah I guess that would solve your issue in some way but other than that if your pc or your system still shows up that slow video streaming then I would suggest you to disable the hardware and video acceleration other than deleting the temporary files. actually this hardware and video accelerator sometimes becomes the main cause of video streaming fluctuation. So better once try disabling the accelerator and see whether it makes any difference for you.

• Click on Start
    • Click Control Panel and Click Display
    • Select the Settings tab and click on the advanced
    • Click on the Troubleshoot tab
    • Disable the hardware acceleration completely

As according to me I personally feel that the issue with you home network that allow you to access the video and other websites.
    Do as I say, first open up the You tube site then keep any of the video for streaming, no matter whether your system load the video in a slower rate.

After that immediately pause the streaming and then go to the speed test website in order to check your broadband speed and help you to about the speed status of your home network.

In order to run this speed test you need to go to google and enter the keyword “speed test”, click on the first option and then start the test. This test is free of cost so you need not have to worry about the expense.

Well I did everything as suggested to me. After doing the speed test the result which I got have got is:

• Download: 0.75 Mb/s
    • Upload: 0.37 Mb/s
    • Ping: 107 ms

Initially when I got the internet connection for the first time at my place, I use to get a speed of above 1.2 Mb/s but later on due to the locality issue I was supposed to get the maximum speed of only 1.0 Mb/s, but for me that was quite enough. I never had any problem while loading any video with 1.0 Mb/s of speed.

But anyways after looking at the current speed test I can easily guess out that surely the broadband speed is the main cause of this issue.

Having the same issue at my place too. I can’t make out what exactly is causing this issue. Let me tell you that in my case there are certain unusual things which are quite noticeable.

As according to the above person who is facing this same issue can not at all stream any video properly on any of the site. But for me the case is something different, I can stream a video in some of the exception sites quickly and in a faster way but when it comes for streaming the same video in other sites then the same slow buffering issue use to come in picture. Sites like Netflix and Youtube stream the video perfectly and in a faster way where as megavideo fails in doing so. I have already tried cleaning the cookies and registry and also tried out the above solutions too.

rajni Guest

But anyways after looking at the current speed test I can easily guess out that surely the broadband speed is the main cause of this issue.
    I guess there is no such issue with your broadband as according to me I feel that you network connection has a better download speed as compared to mine, and let me tell you that I can do both download and video streaming at an average and decent speed. To be frank what exactly I do is waiting for the video to stream for few seconds and then begin with watching them, which then makes it easy for me to watch the video.
    Sites like Netflix and Youtube stream the video perfectly and in a faster way where as megavideo fails in doing so. I have already tried cleaning the cookies and registry and also tried out the above solutions too.
    As you said that you have already tried deleting the temporary files and also tried to clear the cookies and cache which certainly didn’t make any difference, then definitely I think the issue is with you ISP. I guess it’s might be ISP which is fluctuation with the video stream in some of the limited sites, this must be due to some maintenance issue or maybe the site itself is the issue.

As you said that you have already tried deleting the temporary files and also tried to clear the cookies and cache which certainly didn’t make any difference, then definitely I think the issue is with you ISP. I guess it’s might be ISP which is fluctuation with the video stream in some of the limited sites, this must be due to some maintenance issue or maybe the site itself is the issue.
    I do agree with you. If it’s only those limited sites which are creating the issue then you need not have to worry just wait for a while, it’s just a temporary issue.try loading the videos on those problematic sites which you have mentioned at midnight or at some other odd time when the users are not much overloading that site.

I feel that it may be due to the site servers getting overloaded.