Thread: Google web page cannot be displayed using any of the browsers

Google web page cannot be displayed using any of the browsers

Since last 1 week I am facing this problem. Don’t know why, but I am unable to load the Google Homepage on my browser. I have tried the entire browser like Firefox, IE8 & IE9 and Google Chrome, but all of them did show the same behavior. All of them give the same blank page saying “Page cannot be displayed”.

The laptop is completely new and I have not yet installed anything yet. Everything was working fine during the initial phase when I connected the internet but then after few days suddenly the homepage was unable to display on the screen, giving the above message. Any suggestions guys?

Re: Google web page cannot be displayed using any of the browsers

This is the most common problem has been ever faced by any of the user. Also the fix for this issue is very much common and simple for all the different system.

The possible fix or solutions for this issue could be as follows:
    • Delete and clear cache in every browser, multiple times
    • Reset config settings under advanced tab in Internet Explorer settings
    • Boot up the no add-ons version of Internet Explorer from System Tools and try it from there

Try out the above thing if you are using an Internet Explorer.

I have been facing the same issue in my system too. My Internet Explorer cannot load the Google webpage at all whenever I try. But the strange thing is that when I try to load the page from and using the IP address URL i.e. 74.125.45.99, the webpage was surprisingly able to load and display. But then when I try to operate on the site and tried to enter inside the text of the google search the URL suddenly changed to “Google.com” and then everything blanked out and gave me the message saying “Webpage cannot be displayed”. How is it possible that the page can be loaded with an ease when opened by its IP and not by the address. Quite strange but it somehow works for a while till I do not enter anything in the search engine.

Yes it happens; let me tell you that you won’t be able to access the page until you try to load it using its web address and not the IP. This solution is partially working just because of the URL blockage issue by some sort of firewall. It would be due to the Windows Firewall.

Just make sure what firewall you have downloaded and installed in your system, if you have not yet installed any firewall then definitely it should be a Windows firewall.

Also try to Check the host file, you can check it out through: C:\ > Windows > System32 > Drivers > , and so on.

Is there any Parental Control enabled in your system? If you are not aware of this thing then let me tell you that Parental Control disallows you to visit or use certain specific restricted sites. Not only this it also it also helps you to limit you the internet usage and also keeps the track of all the visited sites. So make sure that you have not downloaded or enabled such tool in your system which is disallowing you from accessing the google homepage.

Also if possible let me know what things actually you are trying to search in Google which in turns showing you such error message.

Also if possible let me know what things actually you are trying to search in Google which in turns showing you such error message.
    Let me tell you one thing, it actually doesn’t matter what things he search or type in the search engine. As I said that I is even unable to get a Google homepage loaded on his screen. Whenever I try to search anything inside the search engine the IE says that I cannot load that page, the same thing happens when I click on the Map or Images on Google (at least over here I didn’t use the search text of Google).As told you before, unless I type the IP address on the URL box instead of typing the complete URL, the page gives an error. Also I have parental control enabled in my system but that didn’t have any impact on this issue as far as I am concerned.

Just make sure what firewall you have downloaded and installed in your system, if you have not yet installed any firewall then definitely it should be a Windows firewall.
    I am using a free trial version of Norton 360 which I actually downloaded from net. Actually initially when I bought the system I had mcafee
    Installed in it but I didn’t like it, so removed it last few days ago and then came up with Norton 360 trial version.

OK, so as you said you have a trial version of Norton 360 and as far as I am concerned the trial version has no firewall in it, so you need not have to do anything with it. but any how just for a safer side, check it out once again, and if it’s the complete full version of Norton 360 then make sure to disable the firewall by right clicking on the Norton icon in the system tray and then disable the firewall and see whether it help you out or not.

I got the exact issue of your problem; the main cause of the issue is “mcafee” and not the trial version of Norton 360. Maybe you have removed the mcafee software from your system but for your kind information let me tell you that surely there are still some mcfee files which must be lying in your machine. Those mcafee lingering files have been definitely kept their settings active which is actually causing the problem with the webpage.
    So better I would recommend you to delete those file by using mcfee’s removal tool.