Thread: How to manage more than 2 sites with full time job

How to manage more than 2 sites with full time job

Hello friends I just started this thread so that different users can share their experience with each other that how then manage time on their own sites even after they do work for 8-10 hours of full time jobs. And then to have time to maintain their own sites. As I have a full time job of 8 hours and I do run 2 sites at same time and it’s really a hectic to work. As I don’t get time to spend neither with family nor with friends. As after working for 8 hours I spend 2-3 hours on my own site.

Re: How to manage more than 2 sites with full time job

Good to see this kind of thread let me tell you it is not that difficult to run multiple sites at a time with working for full time. As it is just difficult in start where you need to update your site regularly until you get users who comes and asks questions and even users who can answer that question. And you just need to check if their questions and answers are perfect without any problems and abusive language.

It is easy to do this as to start a site you can use CMS and it gives you all the information how to make a site by just clicking and following some small steps. And about the content as the above user have mentioned it is not possible for you to do all king of posting it also depends on traffic you get on to your site. And about running multiple sites it is not possible to start 2-3 sites at a time you just need to work on 1 site at a time and after it gets developed completely you just need to maintain it after it is made. And after doing that you can start with other site.

I don’t think every site need to update all the time as there are many sites which just need to add content once a week or a month. As I also own a site from past 2 years and don’t update it regularly then to I am earning good money from that site. But it is important that you have good CMS for your site and don’t try to do something different while would spoil your CMS of your site. I do prefer WordPress for my sites.

To develop a site people like me takes lots of time as I do add codes by myself even for designing part and also for CMS. As I also have 4 sites which I have made till now and out of which 2 sites I have not updates and on one site I do post once a month and one site I work for at least an hour every day.

As there are two different type of sites from which one is Content based site and the other is totally based on services. As it is not required and it is also easy to maintain a service based site. As it just requires adding content related to what services are provide by the company. But the web sites which are based on Content they need to update the site regularly as they have competition against many sites to get good ranking in Google. And for that they need to be updated daily.

To work for 8 hours and maintain 2-3 content sites at a time is very difficult and if you want to do that you need to atleast work for 4 hours a day on your sites 2 hours each. And it is really a tough job to work full time and also work on 2-3 different sites that to daily. As it is ok if you work 2-3 days a week as I do. I have off in my office on Saturday and Sunday and that 2 days I work on my site for 4-5 hours and other days I do spend an hour or so that is enough.