Thread: Google TV 2.0 now has built in ftp server

Google TV 2.0 now has built in ftp server

is it a great news, I was going through the internet to find out what s new in the Google TV 2.0 I came across the article that mention this. This is really a great thing and you can find it under the setting option and over there the storage and you will see the option that allows you to enable the built-in FTP server. What is you people take on it please if possible share it here .

thanks

Re: Google TV 2.0 now has built in ftp server

Hey that is good finding I also saw that after I read your post, but I was hoping is if they allows you to go the other way round and mount network drives , that would be really nice to know . did you check anything about this . is there any restrictions that you can make out

Look like possible to me but I think it would be needing some kind of rooting and kernel modding. But there is many alternative that can be use with this like use ES file explorer to connect to your windows machine which enable to let you play your content trough that . although I did not tried it on the Google TV but I believe it might work, by the way I also found out that ES File Explorer need the selective formats and the File Expert might only stream the known format only.

Its looks as if its only FTP viewer. Just allow you to view the file in the Google TV form the internet explorer on the computer . for example when I tried to select the view and open it directed me to the internet explorer and it shows the username and password requirement . it won’t allow the guest login. And I see no different on the Google chrome as well. Can anyone else seeing this problem or it just me or is it only the ftp viewer

Can you be more precise that what application are you trying to use on the FTP server on your Google TV device. As far as I know it must be look something like the fpt://[user]:[password]@192.168.1.10:2121 . Where you will be able to pick the username and password . that actually worked for me

rajni Guest

Try this you will be completely fine. Use the HTTP/FTP file sharing method from File Expert. The Google TV has an FTP server build on the Honeycomb and the way to enable it is to by going to the
    • Setting
    • Storage
    • Configure FTP access

The credentials is given under the FTP status. Here is the classification of the FTP URL listed on the screen

"ftp://<userid>:<password>@<ip.address>:<tcp port>"

The default user ID will be ftp and the password depend on you if you choose to enable it