Thread: Managing DISH Network DVR with GoogleTV

Managing DISH Network DVR with GoogleTV

I have got the news that the Logitech Revue by means of GoogleTV has simplifies the DVR management process and this is the same for the DISH Network subscribers as they are giving he an exclusive feature which is combining the Internet integration through your TV set like Google “talks” with your DVR.

Re: Managing DISH Network DVR with GoogleTV

Only Dish Network customers with receivers of the type ViP 622, ViP 722 and ViP 722k could be accessed through the Google technology on their digital video recorders and pay-pay-per-view content, marketing director Ira Bahr, drummed for the technology alliance. Parallel and surfing the Web, the retrieval of e-mails or chatting on social platforms is possible.

To start with, Google TV is the service that the TV connects to the Internet connection. In this way, with the support of the set-top device from Logitech Revue appreciated all of Dish Network subscribers can access the Internet through exclusive High Definition TV or Plasma TV set. Although the market price of this set-top device is as high as $ 299, but DISH Network subscribers can use these machines at a lower rate of $ 179. If you have a mandatory Logitech Revue for this unit by Dish Network DVR then you will be charged an additional amount of $ 4 per month.

The disadvantage is currently with the big networks like NBC, ABC and Fox. They are not yet on board with the Google TV platform for fear that their advertising revenue will fall if everyone decides to start watching TV over the Internet instead of on the network.

As it is mentioned that the integration with the Dish Network will cost $4 per month but I think that this really does not worth IMO.