Thread: TiVo Premiere with Google TV

TiVo Premiere with Google TV

I have purchased the TiVo Premiere. Before going to setup that, I would like to know that if someone over here has anything information that I must know about setting it or some other special thing. Thank you so much for your suggestions in advance.

Re: TiVo Premiere with Google TV

The company TiVo has taken plenty of time (three years) to build its latest DVR, the TiVo Premiere. This unit retains all the best of the TiVo HD and update it with new hardware and software. The Premiere is a Series 4 DVR that comes with a 320GB hard drive, a feature that allows you to have about 45 hours of HD programming. The Series 4 brings good luck; the search capabilities are broader with a much faster hardware. But to get even better, unfortunately you end up having to be forced to pay a monthly supplement for additional services.

The Premiere is a "box" much more compact than it was the HD TiVo. Together with the CableCard slot, there is the component video output, the standard A / V out, optical audio output, HDMI, Ethernet, 2 USB ports and an eSATA connector for connecting a hard disk additional hard. The user interface is displayed in the Series 4 720p HD, which is a major improvement over the previous model 480i/480p.

With the new search function you can type a title of a film or an actor, and TiVo will display the results on the right side of the screen. The results can include the most expensive programs TiVo fishing from Amazon Video on Demand, Netflix and YouTube. In my testing, navigating menus and changing the channel on the Premiere were significantly faster than the previous model.

I would like to tell that the browsing and searching are faster than before, but there is still time to improve further. So, if you already own a TiVo, the new DVR is an enhanced version of what you already have.