Thread: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

In my system I have Google Chrome version 17.0.963.46 beta and I am using windows 7 OS, I have Intel Pentium processor G860 dual processor. In my PC Googleupdate.exe file which is in appdata folder is maxing CPU usage on one of the cores, it uses up to 50% of processor. So it made my system slow so I delete the entire contents of the folder which contains the Googleupdate.exe and I uninstall Google chrome then reboot and again install Chrome beta which again had update folder in appdata folder, so the problem continued again, so guys please suggest ne with some good solution.

Re: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

Even I had notice the same thing with my chrome yesterday it the GoogleUpdate.exe file was taking maximum amount of process it maxed out my one of my 4 cores, Msiexec.exe process max second core. So I killed the msiexec.exe process and it freed my second core, if GoogleUpdate.exe is kept running than it gain creates Msiexec.exe process within few seconds, so I kill both GoogleUpdate.exe and Msiexec.exe process and my PC runs fine until I restart my PC.

Even my one of processor was maxed by GoogleUpdate.exe file, it freezes my computer every time so I had to kill both the file every time when I start my PC, This problem GoogleUpdate.exe file was occur due to it was the beta version so I download full version of Google chrome and now I don’t have any problem here is the link for it to download full version of Google chrome.

This problem of GoogleUpdate.exe file is because of Google update or Google toolbar or ATI MCE transcode, this GoogleUpdate.exe file is located in "C:\Documents and Settings”. The file size of this file is unknown. You can uninstall the program in Control Panel then go to Add or Remove programs after that remove Google Toolbar for Internet or ATI MCE Transcode.

Google Update.exe is starting with OS boot up. And I think that it is very much horrible. When I start my PC it disappears after few 5 minutes when I check the task manager, but it is sure that is take huge amount of memory of. If it is not operational then I haven’t installed any of file like this I think that it has some file that makes data transfer from personal PC to unknown location. Every time the information transfer started it goes to different IP.