Thread: in Google chrome synced bookmarks keep coming back Even after deleting across multiple computers?

in Google chrome synced bookmarks keep coming back Even after deleting across multiple computers?

Hi, friends I am using Google Chrome in my all 4 PC and I really love the idea of sync so with this I can combine all my bookmarks, some bookmarks were on all 4 computer, but some were present only 1 or 2 and After I set them all up to sync the bookmark combined as expected with duplicates and all, so I decided to delete the duplicate book I figured that the other computers where sync my proceedings and they were doing the same thing delete many and move others. but, instead of that happening all the bookmarks that were deleted came back again in my computer. So guys please give some suggestions on how to sync or how to deleted duplicates which are coming back again?

re: in Google chrome synced bookmarks keep coming back Even after deleting across multiple computers?

I just want to Goggle that is this ever going to fix? Or will Google at least acknowledge that it's a problem? I tried to set bookmark in two different folders and it worked well but later I when I saw all the all the bookmark that I organized in this folder are coming back again in this folder, I tried to deleted or move this bookmark but the keep coming again and again. I think that Google can map the globe but can't get internet bookmark syncing right?

re: in Google chrome synced bookmarks keep coming back Even after deleting across multiple computers?

Had same problem I my Google Chrome browser so now I have installed Mozilla Firefox browser with Chrome, now I use Mozilla Firefox as my default browser and Chrome as an alert net one, I save all bookmarks in Firefox but if I have to save bookmark in chrome browser than I use xmarks and hope I will stay with Mozilla until chrome fix the issue.

This is what’s worse think I found with Google chrome I have to delete bookmarks every time and they reappear multiply time, Each time I have to go to the bookmark manager and open Chrome and delete dozens of the same bookmark every time. I really can’t understand why Google chrome save bookmarks when I delete it and don’t want it back.

Even I was facing same problem when I synced bookmarks in my chrome, it was very much annoying tome so I find the solution to myself and it worked for me, here is the solution hope it also work for you. First I disabled sync in chrome of all my computers, previously I was using beta version then I thought that it may be the problem so I installed the latest version of Chrome in every machine. Then I use one of my machines as primary and back up the entire bookmark in that machine, after that I delete all the bookmarks from the entire machine accept the primary one, then I went into Google dashboard and deleted all the sync information from Google’s servers. Then I set up sync on the primary computer then I went to the others PC and set up sync, all syncing together fine.