Thread: Yahoo chat is not compatible with Firefox 10

Yahoo chat is not compatible with Firefox 10

Installed the Firefox 10 in my computer right after its release. In the previous version I have been using the Yahoo web messenger to chat. After this update I am no longer able to use this Yahoo chat. Does anyone know when Firefox will going to solve the problem with Yahoo web chat? It is also not possible to chat in Yahoo Mail.

Re: Yahoo chat is not compatible with Firefox 10

Well I had this problem and I solved it as follows:
    • I have deleted all cookies from all sessions
    • I have made data backup to my own session
    • I have removed my session (it is not only renowned deleted)
    • I have created another session under a different name (rename)
    • and I can now chat with my friend in yahoo messenger without any problems

• Start Mozilla Firefox
    • Go to the Tools menu
    • Choose Add-ons. In the list of modules, you will find a list of your extensions. For each of them you can either uninstall it or turn off. An extension is disabled grayed out and any time you can reactivate it.
    • Leave the option Write messages in Layout mode and colors
    • Then Click on the Options at the top right of your screen
    • Click" General Preferences” >" Writing mails” >Select" Write messages in text mode " > Click" Save “

It seems to me that you have not Enabled Javascript and due to this there is no way that browser display a chat window. Enable the Javascript and see if the issue persists.

Note that if you update your browser or installing new security software or security patches, JavaScript settings can be changed. It is therefore advisable to check that JavaScript is still enabled if you are having problems viewing the pages of Yahoo! Also try to install the latest version of Java

High level of security settings in Firefox can also cause these issues. So Ensure that you have not set a security level too high. Setting a security level "high" in Firefox can prevent the registration of cookies in certain cases and prevent operation of Yahoo!. The value "Medium" is, in most
    cases sufficient for web browsing.

I had the same problem and solved the following setting:

In the proxy configuration in Firefox (Tools / Options / Advanced / Network Tab / Settings), I chose "Manual proxy configuration" and filled in only the HTTP proxy. By checking the box "Use this proxy for all protocols", yahoo mail working again. In fact SSL is used to launch Yahoo mail.

If it really does not work in Firefox, then you simply install the add-on called "IE Tab", the integrated Internet Explorer when needed in Firefox. If you go in Firefox to Yahoo Mail page, switch to IE engine, so is used in a Firefox tab of Internet Explorer as your browser and everything should work smoothly. But I doubt that such a large provider like Yahoo is not Firefox-compatible, so there is probably a different solution.

I am assuming that JavaScript have enabled, so it may be due to an add-on that acts as. To exclude the times you should start Firefox in safe mode, this can be reached either via the Windows Start menu by clicking on the link Mozilla "Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)”. If the problem persists even in safe mode still prevail, it is more complicated. Then may be due to a firewall setting (probably not) or a faulty installation of Firefox, or a proxy setting if they have a proxy server access.

It seems to me that the newer version of firefox does not does not recognize the Yahoo Mail. So Place the view in Yahoo! Mail Classic. Also make sure to refer again to the best settings for Firefox.