Thread: Firefox 10 installation stops, setup file disappeared

Firefox 10 installation stops, setup file disappeared

Right now my computer running Windows XP 64.The newly released Firefox 10 browser does not seem to work properly here. It is strange that the issue started with the Installation process. While installing it took long time and later when I open the Firefox 10, it crashed after error window. Now the problem is I cannot re-install the Firefox and the extracted setup file disappeared from my computer.

Re: Firefox 10 installation stops, setup file disappeared

You might have uninstalled older versions Firefox browser before installing the new one but the folder "Mozilla" not removed from the computer. This is not deleted when you uninstall, you have to do it yourself. Here you can find the folder:
    • C: \ Documents and Settings \ Your Username \ Application Data \ Mozilla
    • Delete the folder Mozilla, then it should work with the desired installation path.
    • Make sure that while uninstalling the Firefox you have to leave your profile determined.

After downloading the installation file of Firefox, do not install it directly. You just do a right click on the file you just downloaded and Unzip the file with winrar to a specific folder. Once the files are unzipped, open and execute the setup. Make a separate copy of the unzipped files in some other drive before launching the installer. Now it works.

I have found that many users are struggling to install Firefox! You just need one trick is to complete the installation properly! Here are the steps to follow:
    • Start the installation normally.
    • Once the mistake of installing Firefox (Error opening file ....) killer process "xpicleanup.exe" in the task manager.
    • Then in the user profile delete the file "xpicleanup.dat"
    • C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ VirtualStore \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox
    • Restart the installation normally and Then it will be OK!

You must need to install from scratch, not only have to uninstall the program (which does not appear in / Program Files / Mozilla Firefox ) but you have to delete everything in the folder C: \ Documents and Settings \ (user ) \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles, so you can re-create a new profile.