Thread: After upgrading to kaspersky internet security 2011 Skype has stopped working

After upgrading to kaspersky internet security 2011 Skype has stopped working

in my computer I am facing strange issue. all the things were working fine but after upgrading the kaspersky internet security 2011 in my computer it has suddenly stopped working. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: After upgrading to kaspersky internet security 2011 Skype has stopped working

You have to first make sure that Skype is not move in to the untrusted group in kaspersky? If it is moved in the untrusted program then you have to trusted and after that you have to apply that. Now after that try to start Skype in your computer and then you have to check whether it helps you to solve this problem or not?

Re: After upgrading to kaspersky internet security 2011 Skype has stopped working

If you want to move application to trusted folder then open kaspersky in your computer and then you have to select protection center tab. Now after that you have to select settings. After that you have to choose application control option. Now after that click on the applications and then open untrsuted folder and then if Skype is there then you have to move that trusted and after that apply the setting. After that check whether problem get solved or not? as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you still get same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

I have checked in untrsued folder of kaspersky and Skype was not there. When I pause protection at that time also I get same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling Kaspersky in my mobile phone and after reinstalling the kaspersky also I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

You have mentioned that when you pause the protection at that time also same problem occurs and after reinstalling the kaspersky also same problem is occurring then it means there is nothing wrong with the KIS but problem is with the Skype in your compute and I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Skype in your computer and after reinstalling the Skype in your computer you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. Many times by reinstalling the application also helps to solve problem. if reinstalling the Skype does not helps you then you should also try to solve this problem by installing the latest version of Skype.

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution because I was also having same issue with the Skype and I have come to know that with latest version of Skype this problem has been fixed. Now after that I have downloaded latest version from the official site of the Skype and then install that in my computer and then my problem get solved.