Thread: Internet Explorer 6 is closing on its own on windows2000 professional

Internet Explorer 6 is closing on its own on windows2000 professional

I have been running Windows 2000 prof (sp4) and I have recently installed Internet Explorer 6 and everything was working fine by now but since I have received some updates for the os the Internet Explorer 6 is crashing when I am entering anything in the search, I am not able to find out the possible cause for the same, is there anyone who has an idea about this??

Re: Internet Explorer 6 is closing on its own on windows2000 professional

I have been running Windows 2000 prof (sp4) and I have recently installed Internet Explorer 6 and everything was working fine by now but since I have received some updates for the os the Internet Explorer 6 is crashing when I am entering anything in the search, I am not able to find out the possible cause for the same, is there anyone who has an idea about this??
    I think that the issue might be just because of a buggy update that you might have received. I just wanted to know if you remember the update that you have received, just check it out and then let me know so I will get a better idea about the issue that you are facing??

I don’t remember the updates actually, I had just installed the same and it was working fine at that time, I remember that I had got a popup to restart the system after the update, so I just rebooted the machine and after that when I just typed google in the internet explorer then it was getting crashed, I have tried doing the same several times but then it gave me the same response. I am not very sure if there is something wrong with the Internet Explorer 6 as it was working just fine before the update. Is there any solution that I can try out??

In that case you can just try to reinstall the internet explorer and see if it is making any difference, I think that the issue should be solved by the same, just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I will suggest you to just check it out using different browser and see what response you are getting or you can just try to reinstall the internet explorer.

Yes I have used the Firefox and opera and they were running without any issues but then when I was trying to use Outlook Express 6 or the Internet Explorer 6 then they are getting closed giving me the below error:
    "Msimn.exe has generated an error and will be closed by windows,
    you will need to restart the program.
    An error log is being created."
    Anyways the issue was solved by reinstalling the Internet explorer.