Thread: Why Index tab with name is deactivated on Messenger Plus!?

Why Index tab with name is deactivated on Messenger Plus!?

I am bit disappointed with Messenger Plus! Live deactivated Index Tab as Nickname with all Windows Live Messenger Options. I could not get the idea why MSN Live Plus! has disabled that particular feature. WLM displays nickname with Index tab and some of more options under of the user pictures. Mostly people used to search nickname with index tab but they have not found the problem on MSN Plus! Live.

Re: Why Index tab with name is deactivated on Messenger Plus!?

Are you talking about ability to set your nickname? If your answer is yes than it has been removed by Microsoft . there is nothing to deal with Messenger Plus!. Microsoft has integrated Facebook with Windows Live Profile of yours and hence you will need to use your user name. this particular thing is getting happened after upgrading Windows Live Messenger 2011. Still Windows Live Messenger 2009 is having nickname but it is dependent on the version of the contacts do you having.

You have not understand. When you open WLM messenger without using MSN Live Plus! you will see the name under of picture. As you click on it you will get 14 options in the new windows. After installing MSN Plus! on the computer the name is getting hide. It could be disabled or deleted I don’t know. You will not be able to make use of 14 Options over there.

It is not deleted at all. you have to expand the contact list and it will appear. You will be able to remove number of added icons from the preferences which located at the under of Appearance section which is Contact List and Messenger.
    I don’t think so it is fault of Messenger Plus! rather then it is dependent how Windows Live Messenger is handling overflow of icons by resizing the name space. For your information you can not remove advertisement but you can remove tabs. For this particular purpose an option is available on Windows Live Messenger.