Thread: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

question Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

Hello everyone,

I am facing the problem with the smileys/emoticons in the Messenger Plus and this is really irritating me as I love to insert the emoticons in every message that I send.I have the Windows Xp with Service Pack 1 Operating System. I know the codes for the Smileys and that’s why I put them while writing the message. But using the Messenger plus when I type the codes the smileys are not working.Could anyone tell me what is the problem? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank You.

Arrow Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

I have read your query and I would like to ask you that Do the smileys appear when you make the use of the clear command to clear the text in the Messenger Plus or Do the smileys appear in the typing area but not when they are sent or do the emoticons appear when you see the chat history?

question Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

Original Post by Elazar:

I have read your query and I would like to ask you that Do the smileys appear when you make the use of the clear command to clear the text in the Messenger Plus or Do the smileys appear in the typing area but not when they are sent or do the emoticons appear when you see the chat history ?
    I have not made the use of the clear command. Are you unaware that writing the symbols creates an emoticon and displays it on the screen.

Arrow Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

Original Post by Elazar:
    I have read your query and I would like to ask you that Do the smileys appear when you make the use of the clear command to clear the text in the Messenger Plus or Do the smileys appear in the typing area but not when they are sent or do the emoticons appear when you see the chat history ?
    Original Post by Bohnieta:
    I have not made the use of the clear command. Are you unaware that writing the symbols creates an emoticon and displays it on the screen.
    I would like to tell you that using the clear command allows to clear the history of the chat that you have sent or received. But i would like to know that why you have not answered this question.

Original Post by Elazar:
    Do the smileys appear in the typing area but not when they are sent or do the emoticons appear when you see the chat history

idea Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

Original Post by Elazar:
    Original Post by Bohnieta:
    Original Post by Elazar:
    I would like to tell you that using the clear command allows to clear the history of the chat that you have sent or received. But i would like to know if you could have answered this question.
    Original Post by Elazar:
    Do the smileys appear in the typing area but not when they are sent or do the emoticons appear when you see the chat history
    Oh, Sorry that I haven’t answered the last question. The answer to this question is No, the emoticons are neither shown in the chat typing area nor they are shown in the chat history.

sad Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

I have encountered that the emoticons are not working with my Messenger Plus. I am using the WLM 2011 having the A-patch along with the latest Messenger Plus version. The problem is that the code along with the smiley is shown, which doesn’t look good at all. And this is shown only in the previous and not when I use the typing area to chat. Need help?

smile Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

Just try to un-install the Messenger Plus because this is the main reason that you are not able to see the emoticon in the typing are or the chat history. If you are thinking that only removing the patch will solve the issue then you are wrong because I have tried this but didn’t get the results. Later on I un-installed the Plus and the problem was solved. I know that the Messenger plus is a very good chat messenger add on but we cant do anything besides un-installing it if we have to solve this problem. Good Luck.

ThumbsUp Re: Emoticons are unable to work in Messenger Plus

Posted by Aadidev:

Just try to un-install the Messenger Plus because this is the main reason that you are not able to see the emoticon in the typing are or the chat history. If you are thinking that only removing the patch will solve the issue then you are wrong because I have tried this but didn’t get the results. Later on I un-installed the Plus and the problem was solved. I know that the Messenger plus is a very good chat messenger add on but we cant do anything besides un-installing it if we have to solve this problem.
    This worked for me too. I have removed the patch but this didn’t make any difference. After that I un-installed the Messenger Plus and was shocked to see that the problem was solved. I didn’t want to un-install it but there was no other option.