Thread: Getting garbled screen with Adobe Flash installed on Safari 5

Getting garbled screen with Adobe Flash installed on Safari 5

I am running Apple Safari on my computer. Well I am getting garbled screen on the browser of mine especially when flash is being played on it. Personally I am wondering that it is associated with software. But still if you are having any speculation on it then let me know…. I am really annoyed with the above mentioned issue and wanted to get rid out from it by any mean.

Re: Getting garbled screen with Adobe Flash installed on Safari 5

There is an app available named gfxCardStatus which will tell you about which graphic card is being used on your computer. could be Safari or operating system getting confused while switching between windows. If that is the case then you will need to refine graphics switching software.

Looking at the situation I recommend that you should download and install Mac OS X 10.6.2. combo update. You can get the same from the official website. It is having a fix for the graphics distortion happening on Safari. after doing that you should repair disk permissions on your system. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

After going through the issue of yours I recommend couple of solutions. First of all you should clear system cache. Second thing you should reset Safari.
    • If you have installed Snow Leopard on your computer then you have to see that browser is running into 32-bit mode rather than that of 64 bit mode. Also you check that the Safari is not running into Rosetta.
    • Final comment you should install latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer.

Now a day’s web pages are having small icon which is available on address bar located near to bookmarks. It is taking some disk space and makes the browser little bit slow. You should delete that icon by using following steps.
    1. You have to go for Finder and launch the folder and browse to ~/Library/Safari/.
    2. Now you have to move that particular file to webpageIcons.db to Trash.

I am wondering that some of third party add on installed on your system might be causing the issue.
    1. You have to launch Safari.
    2. Look for the add on which you have installed on the computer causing the issue and remove it from the browser.
    3. Now launch Safari again and see whether it is working or not.

The above mentioned issue could be happening because of bug issue so you should contact apple developer team and file a bug report to them.