Thread: Pdf files unable to open in iframe in safari 5.1

Pdf files unable to open in iframe in safari 5.1

My Macbook pro is running perfectly without any issue and the same condition applies to my safari browser. Only the image or content of pdf files are not properly displayed or viewed in the browser. Whenever I try to open the pdf file inside the iframe, it is opened outside the iFrame leaving behind the iframe blank. Earlier I used safari 5.0 which never showed this problem while viewing a pdf file. But when I switched on to safari 5.1 the pdf files always has a problem while opening.

Re: Pdf files unable to open in iframe in safari 5.1

Maybe the problem is with your safari browser as you said that you never had problem with the earlier version of it. Or else it could also be due to the Adobe Reader/Acrobat Advisory because these are the only two components involved in the issue.
    As far as I am concerned I think your browser is not supporting the software of adobe reader and due to which you are unable to open the pdf files.

Definitely not, there are any chances of having a problem with Adobe Reader software. It’s because OSX has its own pdf implementation built inside the system so there is no need of any other software for the pdf file to open. It doesn’t matter whether Adobe Reader exist in the system or not. Anyways try to un-install that software if it’s installed just to avoid any inconvenience.

In particular, the problem can be limited to the iframe tags or in general it could be frames. I tried to open a pdf file directly through a link. The most interesting thing was that this pdf was not suppose to open using an iframe but even then the file was unable to open and it also showed the same symptoms as we use get when we try to open the file inside the iframe.
    I removed the plugin and also all the presence of Adobe Reader, although I never used it. But still no improvement. Now I am sure that the problem is with the built-in interpretation of iframe/frame Pdf presentation.

The best solution is to download and install a pdf viewer. Pdf Browser Plugin is the best pdf viewer which helps you to view a file right inside your browser. It can turn your web browser into a best pdf viewer. It is perfectly integrated into the browser with the best Mac look. You can have it easily in safari 5.1.
    Pdf Browser Plugin has the best advantage of the Quartz technology. This helps you to view the file with the same look, smoothness and high quality graphics which we get from the Mac OS X. It also profits you from the high speed of Quartz when displaying PDF documents. You can also have all the standard viewing options and also the best zooming for exploring the detailed content.

Initially I thought that it was a compatibility issue of safari browser and Adobe Reader, due to this I tried all the possible trick and option to solve this thing out but later on I realize it and then I did a fresh installation of Lion with complete hard drive wipe.
    It’s a problem created by Apple so I think they are the one who should clear it, so i am thinking to contact the service care center and ask them to provide me with some appropriate solution.

Recently safari 5.1 didn’t have a pdf plugin and just downloaded automatically unknown iframe content.
    If you do a sample HTML file:

<object src="test.pdf" type="application/pdf" height="50%" width="50%"></object>

You will get an error message of missing plugin and if you click on that message you will again get a message that “To view this content you need Adobe Reader Plugin”.