Thread: Firefox Homepage redirecting to unwanted search engine

Firefox Homepage redirecting to unwanted search engine

I own a dell laptop which is running with Windows 7 32 bit. I have then installed the latest version of Mozilla Firefox browser after seeing several improvements and features in it. Due to something after the unknown download the issue started. Now when I open the browser the Home page redirecting toward a unknown search engine which I never seen before. The problem is I even cannot remove it. It is sticky. I don’t know whether it was happened due to the virus or Trojan attack but I ran few good antivirus and virus removal tools. Nothing came up yet. Then what could be the issue?

Re: Firefox Homepage redirecting to unwanted search engine

In many Firefox users is the default search engine Google.com. At times it happens that the search will be automatically redirected to the American search page. This is for many a pain if you are expecting some other search results. This is due to a wrong cookie, which Firefox has stored. If it is not removed, you will automatically search again on the American side. With a few changes in the settings can be done quickly to reverse this redirection.

You have same problem like me. Page scan with false virus warning Killing Hazard.While waiting for a response from the staff. Unfortunately, it is an infection of the latest generation, slightly mangy-taking: Alureon viruses.

I must say the truth; I do not happen again I have problems when browsing, that is, the white pages Google analytic loading.
    But I still have doubts, as all other security programs do not detect anything and last surprise, doing a new scan with Avira in normal mode, the PC reboots itself.