Thread: Need help on Syncing docs on iCloud with Windows XP

Need help on Syncing docs on iCloud with Windows XP

I'm disappointed to know that iCloud wont work on Windows XP as an oversize proportion of companies are still using XP thus I wont be able to access things at Work. I assumed that the iCloud would be on the net and would not be restricted by a computers operating system or am I missing something? can anyone here help me on this i would be really glad to know this.

Re: Need help on Syncing docs on iCloud with Windows XP

The service is, obviously, hosted entirely on-line - and thus, in that regard, solely reliant on your web affiliation - however, you continue to want the acceptable Apps on your PC/Mac to access it, and people have solely been created compatible with the foremost "contemporary" OSs - i.e. solely Windows editions with the NT6.x version kernel, that limits it to Vista or seven, and Mac OS X back to the last major kernel refresh at 10.5 Leopard. And, I truly honestly assume this is not some petty trick to force users of recent Macs to upgrade .i believe it's a necessity as a result of how interconnected the computers &the iCloud service are.

I would be caning to bet if Microsoft was at10ding to maintain full support thus would everybody else however since they're pushing for upgrades and who will very blame them and thus will everybody else.

Don't know if this helps however once I bought my iPhone 4S at the Apple store I asked regarding the complete XP factor. The guy said that, basically, if you do not want Outlook you do not got to upgrade to Vista or seven. do not know what percentage of us that applies to however since it did to me it had been smart to grasp. however the draw back is I do use outlook, however, that's on my work pc. i believe that i'll be ok, since it's operating in its on cloud and not apple's. once I create changes to my outlook calendar at work,it syncs to my android phone and iPad. I don't use an outlook program on my home pc.

Just interested by My computer running windows xp. I simply browse that so as to utilize iCloud services i'd want vista or windows seven. Since I don't have this current OS on my computer, can this produce future updates/incompatibility issues? For not having access to iCloud is ok, since I even have been on the fence with its current worth for my personal desires

Microsoft has declared that it will stop XP support in 2014. Notice has been known mostly thus companies' IT departments contain time to prep for transfer. Windows 8 is predictable to released toward the late of 2012.

I am terribly confused. i attempted to put in iCloud with Windows XP and apparently i would like Windows seven. is that this true? I even have an iPad2. This mean I cannot email or do something with iCloud, and that i ought to simply ditch enabling iCloud. i do not mind doing that, however am curious.