Thread: How to get T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot to work after modding?

How to get T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot to work after modding?

as the title of thread saying what am I looking for????. Currently I am having T-Mobile Sonic 4G hotspot. I wanted to use the same after modding. Can you tell me how can I do the same???? I searched on the Google to get the idea about but failed to get anything about that. Let’s hope users of this community will some excellent solutions to fulfill the need of mine.

Re: How to get T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot to work after modding?

I would like to comment, /data/misc/dhcp/udhcpd.conf file is responsible for the controlling of DHCP addressing for 4gMobileHotSpot App. Option DNS addressed were wrong entirely into the app. The internal IP is supposed to start with 192.168.x.x..

You can use the following steps make the thing working for.

You should root the device and download and install Text Edit app from the Android Market.

Now go for /data/misc and open the udhcpd.conf file in order to open with Text Edit App.

After that change the option dns from 192.168.x.x to 66.174.92.14 69.78.96.14.

Save the changes which you have done and Exit.

Now into Windows you have to make following settings into IPV4 Properties.

IP Address: 192.168.1.5
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

You can enter following DNS server addresses.

Preferred DNS Server: 66.174.92.14
    Alternate DNS Server: 69.78.96.14

Once you have done you have to launch the 4gHotSpot App and make an attempt to connect with Windows and you should try to connect with the same.

According to me the thing could not work because 4gHotSpot App is getting corrupted in Custom ROMs or you have setup wrong DNS servers into the config file. So you should be really careful while setup the config file.

I think you are aware of DNS server numbers normally came from original Config prior to the rooting or modding. It can be redundant to both config file as well Windows Properties. If you have setup Windows to 192.168.1.1 then it will not be work at all.
    Also you can try to change DNS to public and after that try to use the new one.

Personally I don’t like that you are not able to connect the any other android device to AdHoc. Also it is quite frustrating since you will need to connect with the Windows manually with the AdHoc Networks. For your information Linux can connect with AdHoc network automatically. We know that the Android is developed on the Linux based platform so but still this particular feature is lacking. However we can get the AdHoc as access point for the other devices available.

One thing you should do before install ROM and make the app working for you, you should connect with the computer and get the values like (ip, dns, gateway) which are assigned by the DHCP. You will not be able to break the phone if you root. We know that app is doing well without using the custom ROM so we need to make the thing work on modded ROM… An interesting thing which you would lik to know the app is supposed to working fine if I have done force connecting devices to the values that is static settings. Though it did not working with some devices and thus you need to connect by using DHCP.