Thread: How to remove AVG secure search from the Mozilla Firefox

How to remove AVG secure search from the Mozilla Firefox

As I’m using the Mozilla Firefox as a web browser, so I want to know that how can I remove the AVG secure search from the Mozilla Firefox browser. As I want my browser to have the different search engine instead of the AVG search engine so do any one have the idea about this how can I change my default search engine and get rid of the AVG search engine, have anyone from know about this or have tried with it.

Re: How to remove AVG secure search from the Mozilla Firefox

Even.. I’m having the same problem, while installing the AVG antivirus I mistakenly selected the checkbox with the AVG search engine as the default search engine in the Firefox engine. So I for this I tried uninstalling the AVG but then too I see the AVG search engine tool in the Firefox web browser. So what should I do to get back the Google as the search engine in the web browser instead of the AVG search engine.

I changed my default search engine to Google and that too several times but whenever I try to open the web browser it starts the search using the AVG search and every time I have to change it to the Google. This is really annoying and want to know how can I delete or remove the AVG search forever, so that I can use the search engine of my own.

I tried with doing by going to the URL and typing with the about:config and then going to the keyword.URL value and from there I changed the navigation bar search to the Google but the thing is that I’m still having the problem of the home page search.

But still whenever opening the new browser the first search goes with the AVG secure search, so I’m looking for AVG to get completely removed rather than changing the settings internally.

If you are having the issue of the AVG search got installed it in to your Firefox web browser than you can try uninstalling the browser and then again reinstalling it back again. As doing this will remove the AVG search extension which always searched as a default search engine. But only thing is that you have to give up your some time for re-installing the browser.
    As earlier I had the same issue for this, so after finding it all over and for which it was unable to find than I finally decided with reinstalling the Firefox browser, as doing this got rid of the particular toolbar which was not needed by me.

I tried with this and so you can also try with your Firefox web browsers

• For this first open your Firefox web browser
    • Now in the URL bar try to type about:config and then press enter
    • Now using the filter type the keyword.URL
    • Now when you do this you should try to change the keyword.URL to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=

As doing this it will remove the AVG search secure from the default search engine with the Google

Today I just got it reinstalled the web browser and after which I was able to remove the AVG search secure and now I’m able to use the browser with the Google search engine.

ThumbsUp Re: How to remove AVG secure search from the Mozilla Firefox

Thanks! This did the trick. I usually type my searches within the address bar of Firefox and it was frustrating me each time it used AVG secure search to search my inquiry.

I found this website AppRemover by OPSWAT. The program got rid of all previous virus installations that were left on my hp computer. look it up...you can also look on CNET..they have reviews on this application..