Thread: unable to remove mp3tube seacrh toolbar from naviagtion bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

unable to remove mp3tube seacrh toolbar from naviagtion bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

I had installed mp3tube toolbar because it is a part of yahoo and I use yahoo and i have windows 7 operating system. It was working properly I was using it from last many days but from last week was not working properly so I deleted it but it’s still there and because of this I can’t use my Mozilla Firefox 6 it’s very much annoying me. Guys please give some suggestion how I can get rid of this problem?

Re: unable to remove mp3tube seacrh toolbar from naviagtion bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

Even I had same problem I installed mp3tube and after that I saw it was not getting deleted from my system. Later I done system restore to a day before when I installed mp3tube.

Re: unable to remove mp3tube seacrh toolbar from naviagtion bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

1. Go to start
    2. Select control panel
    3. Select add/remove programs
    4. Select mp3tube
    5. Now click on uninstall

By following this step you can successfully remove the toolbar

System restore is good idea, but I cannot do system restore because there are many important files and installed program that I had installed after installing mp3tube. So by doing system restore I will loss all data.

Uninstall firefox and again install it there might be your firefox issue. After uninstalling mp3tube if it is still appearing then do same thing with mp3tube toolbar install it and uninstall it again this will work.

Yahoo says that this tool bar is not a part of yahoo. It is illegally using yahoo name so that people will think that it is yahoo toolbar and people will download it and install it. It spreads mp3 pest courtesy one of the most vicious malware virus and once it’s on the board you cannot shut it off.

Here are the proper steps to remove this toolbar from your system. Go to control panel then click on internet option. Then search 2/3 down front page and then remove any mp3tube references. Delete program_files\mp3tube, also delete program_files\mozila firefox\extensions\mp3toolbar.com folder and search fro any more reference and also delete that. And after that you search for your registry of your mp3tube toolbar there will be an entry directory with the software entries.
    Also delete the pref entries open the user folder that is firefox button and then help and after that select trouble shooting information an the open contain folder that are prefs.js and user.js. in prefs.js the will be 3 entries of mp3tube. And in user.js there will be keyword.url with mpr3ube site name. and by doing this step you will completely delete your mp3toolbar.

Thanks for informing that how much it effects our system. I had installed it yesterday. First I will try doing system restore if still it is not going then I will follow this stepsand remove mp3tube toolbar.

Thanks for your suggestion I had tried your method to delete the mp3tube toolbar and it work the mp3tube is deleted completely from my system and now my Mozilla firefox is also working fine.