Thread: Firefox 3.6.18 giving JAVA SCRIPT EXE error “Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable is not a function”

Firefox 3.6.18 giving JAVA SCRIPT EXE error “Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable is not a function”

When connecting to Firefox a window pops up containing the subsequent message JavaScript Application Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable isn't a perform will anyone here tell me why this error is happening . i'd be very appreciate any help thanks

Re: Firefox 3.6.18 giving JAVA SCRIPT EXE error “Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable is not a function”

This error is received lots however not whenever after I attempt to choose a link. This solely started happening within the previous couple of days. it is usually received when i am initially signing on. If I hit cancel or okay there is just one possibility, I forget at once the precise wording sometimes the action then proceeds as i would expect. however typically i am presented with an incomplete web content.

Re: Firefox 3.6.18 giving JAVA SCRIPT EXE error “Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable is not a function”

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to ascertain if one amongst the extensions is inflicting the matter switch to the DEFAULT theme
    Firefox
    Tools
    Add-ons
    Appearance/Themes

Don't make any changes on the Safe mode begin window.

In my case it is a list of extensions disabled as a result of they are not compatible with the new version.They can't be deleted simply, thus i'll delete Firefox and make a clean install previous saving bookmarks, profile, sessions, etc

when i launch firefox 3.6.18 this pop up window seems saying [ java script application ] Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable isn't a perform. and that i have to be compelled to shut it or press ok within the window to form the browser launch, this conjointly happens whenever i open a brand new window or a pop-up window is launched and currently it conjointly will this after I open a brand new tab or modification to an already open one, it says Exc in ev handl: Error: unhealthy NPObject as non-public information

I had this issue for concerning three or four days. it's currently 8/16/11. I even have FireFox 3.6.20 on up so far XP. the foremost recent begin of my pc turned up a tab I failed to open myself. It had solely the message "You don't seem to be licensed to access this page I don't recognize if this is often connected however it appears I might have an infection that's attempting to urge to some monetary website. I even have never heard of CASHNet. i'm running Free AVG 10.0 with the most recent update and it shows no issue .

Rajni Guest

I have 3.6.18 and i am constantly obtaining this message these days It's very slowing my pc. The message i purchase is: Exc in ev handl:Type error:this.oroot.enable isn't a perform.

Then my firefox add on box popped up and had the Java console highlighted thus I disabled it however it's still happening

I finally discovered that my 'McAfee SiteAdvisor' add-on was inflicting the matter on behalf of me. you'll be able to either disable it from your add-ons by clicking on tools, then add-ons and then disable it from your list of add-ons, or if you continue to would like to use it like I do, you'll be able to unistall it from your add-on list, and then download it from the official McAfee net website and then merely reinstall it... Since I've done this my firefox been loading faster, no annoying pop-up window after I launch or open a brand new tab. it absolutely was conjointly crashing quiet usually before I did this which looked as if it would be fastened currently.

In my case it is a list of extensions disabled as a result of they are not compatible with the new version. they cannot be deleted simply, thus i'll delete Firefox and make a clean install Extensions that don't have a take away button are put in by alternative software and don't seem to be underneath management of the Firefox extension manager. Extensions put in that manner have to be compelled to be removed via the settings preferences within the program that added the extension to Firefox.

Yeah this help I disabled McAfee website Adivsor and it solved my issue . it's underneath "add ons" however you'll be able to conjointly uninstall it in your management panel however I found it stopped the error message box by simply disabling it.

Every time I attempt to play a video, or hit an internet site with a video, browser hangs, then crashes entire pc. Began happening seven weeks ago. i feel it's going to be Quicktime, I dislike popups abundantly and also the QuiBids Mozilla Firefox popup show whenever I shut out. Why, since I even have popups blocked? How do I stop it?