Thread: Unable to run Firefox 8 on Java Desktop 6.0.29

Unable to run Firefox 8 on Java Desktop 6.0.29

I am a student and I need to install an application for my college project which requires Java Desktop 6.0.29 frequently. but from the time I have installed Firefox 8. Earlier when I was using Firefox 7 it was compatible with Java Desktop 6.0.29. so in need a copy of Firefox 7 until this annoying problem is solved. So from where can I get Firefox 7?? Or is there any procedure to solve this?? Please help me regarding this issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to run Firefox 8 on Java Desktop 6.0.29

• First you should check that is your browser is configured to use Java or not. to this procedure.
    • Click Start menu button>>select Settings>>Control Panel>>Java Control Panel>>Java Coffee Cup logo icon in the Control Panel.
    • Double click the java coffee cup icon to open java control panel, then click the advanced tab, after that click on the + icon next to default the Java for browsers.
    • Also make sure that the box beside to Mozilla is checked and done. After click the check-box to enable java for your web browser and apply it. I think this would solve your problem. Give me your feedback.

You should first uninstall java and then navigate tour Firefox program folder and check if it has any plug-ins sub-folders. If they are situated then find old java plug-ins and delete it with administrator’s permission. If you can’t then right click each file select properties>>description. They will automatically inform you to which files to be deleted. Then reinstall java.

You can fix your problem by backing up your bookmarks from the backup option made available in “show all bookmarks” tab. Then you should uninstall the Firefox 8 completely. Click the check box to remove all the personal data like your bookmarks. Then reinstall Firefox 8. Your java will star to work again successfully.

Thanks a lot friends for your suggestions. Really appreciated guys. Surprisingly it just worked for me. I am really pleased. Now I can use java.