Thread: slow loading of mozilla Firefox 9 at the startup.

slow loading of mozilla Firefox 9 at the startup.

i was using windows default browser but after coming across some features of Mozilla Firefox decided to swap with it. i then was using some previous version but later upgraded myself to Firefox 9 and while visiting websites, it takes few minutes to load and this consumes a lot of time. after loading the site when i click on other pages of same site they are faster compared with the time taken to load at the first time.

Re: slow loading of mozilla Firefox 9 at the startup.

at the time of up gradation there might be problems concerning you so you are getting these errors . OK, to further state, i will say that try with disabling or deactivating all the add ons which are using in the previous version.

according to me in this case , i should suggest you to check tools or options and proceed further and after wards go to advanced/network and and make sure in which manner Firefox is being connected to the internet. in my case I made a download of version 9.1, and came to know that it had changed that parameter by itself and I had to replace it back. there are generally problems with Windows 7 operating system , it appears . So you should experiment with the changes between proxy and no proxy. It appeared to be resolved on my side with the "no proxy" concerning web page speed of loading.

i was also of the similar problem and i had a try for the Beta channel and downloaded that after I had upgraded myself to 9.01, and the Beta is definitely excellent . Try that if you are having problems with this version . you can get across some solution and according to me it will be solved in the first attempt only.

why don't you try with other browsers. there are certainly many browsers with which you can test it. make sure the internet connection is correct and then try with Google chrome and with default internet browser also. i don't think thsi is a big issue as there is some time taken to load the website at the first attempt and its sub pages do open quickly. you can consider any site for example.

you don't have a problem with your browser as well, as you stated that there is lot of time taken at the time of opening a site at the first time. as i can say that , there are added graphics to a particular site and most of the websites are preloaded with java script coding and they do take time for loading. initially after they have completed the loading of the images and other advertisement and when you visit plain sub pages there is no loading time due to the intensity of that page being low. i would like to tell you that you will see that the website will have the title bar and side advertisement and other right or left part unchanged throughout the website. meaning these parts remain unchanged and there is only changing of the middle section which is commonly a information about the company or plain text. so there is low loading time taken for such websites. also there will be loading time varying from one site to other.

the issue generally occurs when the server is slow . as there is load on the server initially when you open the page there is time taken to load the page at clients machine as it retrieves the data from the server and post it to the end user. after searching into the web server the server easily finds its sub pages and outputs the end user. finally i want to say that there may be problems relating to your connection as it may be responsible for your loading time.

i think you should make the installation the Firefox for second time after removing completely. there may be problems with the installation file which tend to slow down the initial page. but i should say that after you try with the internet explore and everything goes OK with it. if you wish to continue the Firefox, you can make an upgrade of your Firefox or install new add ons and then after trying them , if it slows down than the previous the better option would be deactivating the add ons.

i will provide some tips which will be useful in your case which will increase your Firefox and it may run quickly .
    You are able to slash Firefox's slow load time by having a compression of the DLLs and executables. The choices are more but i will recommend to make use of UPX which is free, efficient and time proven for compression
    1.for this to work you need to download UPX
    2. Unzip upx.exe into your Firefox installation folder which is usually present in the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.
    3. ensure of the fact that Mozilla is not running and then shell to a command prompt in the Firefox installation directory.
    4. hit return after you have typed the following command .
    for %v in (*.exe *.dll components\*.dll plugins\*.dll) do upx "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\%v"

the simple option i willvprovide you which will work is stated below.
    If you do have several Add-ons, at the top of Firefox, Go to Tools and then in Options you will find Advanced Tab and in there Below Click on the "Update" tab >> Under "Automatically Check for Updates to:" make a uncheck and then remove the Check mark from "Add-ons".then press Okay which will be present at the bottom. after this, try by re-starting the Firefox. I can say for sure that your Firefox will start and process quicker.

If you wish that Firefox should start faster on start up and there should be quick processing of it with an already fast computer or you don't care about boot up times, i should say here that you should try by prefetching the executable file manually. Check your prefetch file for Firefox and add it's corresponding .exe if it is not present right there , and there will be automatic prefetching for windows and it will add programs to your prefetch .