Thread: IIS SMTP Mail stucking in queue

IIS SMTP Mail stucking in queue

I configure the IIS server to send mail from smtp server of the IIS service. So far no problems but now it get complicated when I send it. It goes well in "sent items" but impossible to receive because, it remains stuck in the queue, which is "C: \ Inetpub \ mailroot \ Queue". I changed the time in "Return" of SMTP but nothing to do. local server: 192.168.0.111.

1. Use of a small D-Link router so I told myself why not configure a virtual server smtp and pop in the case where it might stop but to no avail.
    2. Test in direct connection to my ethernet modem, without going through the same router.

Anyone have any idea about this? how can iget rid of this? is there any way to solve this?

Re: IIS SMTP Mail stucking in queue

I am setting up a Windows 2003 Server, and I installed the outgoing mail server (SMTP) that comes with IIS. it used to send mails through ASP web pages. I've been testing and the problem is that, messages are not reaching all servers. I suppose, by the way of sending, the server detects as spam and discarded directly. And of course it is not spam, sent only to customers of the company (newsletters, news, policy changes, etc.), all legal. But it seems that the server detected as spam. any more idea on this?

I do not think that has to do with the ASP code in particular that I use CDONTS control and have not had any problems, of course I never sent any mail through lycos, but for example with hotmail never been to me blocked. As you do not inform that's exactly what we get have a mail to avoid blocked which is so hard to see.

It happened to me, I use CDONTS and hotmail and sends them either. The question was whether it could change some field or something to send the mail to not reject them.

Code:
    December objMail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")
       objMail.From = "abcd@example.com"
       objMail.To = "aa1234@example1.com" 'here is less
       objMail.bcc = "abcd@hotmail.com" 'here if it
       objMail.MailFormat = cdoMailFormatMIME
       objMail.Subject = "Test address:" & Now ()
       objMail.BodyFormat = cdoBodyFormatHTML
     %>
     <%
     strText = "<font face=""Arial, Helvetica, <html> sans-serif"" <body> size=""-1""> <b> Test </ b> <hr> < , br> "   
     strText = strText & "<br>" & Now ()
     strText = strText & "<br> Test"
     strText = strText & "</ body> </ html>"

objMail.Body = strText
       objMail.Send
       December objMail = nothing

Rajni Guest

it's likely to be due to spam filter in Lycos. The easiest way is to create an account at Lycos, and I will send mail to you, to see if it reach to you. if you give a message of style "Filtered by SPAM", or its bounces to the sender.