Thread: How to keep your browser page from being hijacked?

How to keep your browser page from being hijacked?

as i scroll through the internet these days and came across browser page being hijacked and worry in this case. so is there any way to get from it. i didn't searched a lot for tips and tweaks and therefore posting this thread on your site. so finally i want to know how we are able to keep your browser page from being hijacked.

Re: How to keep your browser page from being hijacked?

here in this case i will suggest you that you are able to download a small freeware application named Hijackthis.exe from download.com or spywareinfo.com previous to you are trying to make use of the app, search the tips of using it on that available site from where you downloaded them.

there may be possibility of spyware attacking your system if you are concerning to the homepage being hijacked.i can suggest you to have a resenting of your homepage for this e who are new comers. in addition to this download Ad-aware and Spybot and run them frequently. They will have a cover of each others' blind spots. running at the first time , you might be shocked at how many "objects" you turn up-simply delete them all. and according to me to state further , Ad-aware tends to recognize any cookie as an "object", but it is especially not easy to discern malicious cookies from the ones which were helpful .

i came to know that there was another lightweight free program which allows to protect against this and some other nasties is Winpatrol. this will tend to be easy to use, does a lot yet reasonably intuitive interface. I make use of all of them.

hey guys, i can say Internet Explorer or home page hijacked appears to be quite common these days and therefore in order to have a fix for this problem, you require to edit or delete the host file. have a search for the file Host, and you will appear to see the file does not have an extension. So editing the Host.sam file will not help in any case. the Host file will be found in Windows 9x and ME present in your Windows folder, and in the case for Windows NT, 2000,2003, and XP there is a location on the windows\ System32\ Drivers\etc folder.

you have possibly two means for doing so. either you have to delete it or edit it in Notepad. The Host file is not a neccessary file, so deleting it will prove to be quite safe. later have a reboot, and if you still have a issue you have a Hijacker on your system. You have currently fixed your browser but you will require to find the hijacker program. there is a program called Special Agent P.C. Secure whch should can locate it .

i think in this case you should make use of name-based virtual hosting so that your site is only available by means of only good domain names. This will avoid the DNS rebinding attacks too.

i will provide some steps which will help in this issue.
    1. basically have a download and then install an anti-virus program and anti-malware protection software.
    2. make sure that your anti-virus software is running at all times, especially when you are accessing internet. to state further, there are some programs which have a feature where you are able to install and then run to alert you of any changes in the registry .
    3. immediately have a respond to any received alerts from resident scanners so that you area able to block changes or delete infections.

there are other methods for which you can have a try and in this case, i should say that simply refrain from clicking links in emails, instant messengers or on Web pages unless you trust the source. This is especially true for pop ups that claim as there is a possibility of detecting a a virus or other infection. Don't click to fix the infection if the alert is something other than the trusted program.perform a system scan immediately after closing of your browser if there is a possibility of your browser being hijacked.

some are unable to find whether there browsers are being hijacked. so for them i will mention symptoms which will state the status of the current browser. default home page changes to a different page; commonly an adult oriented web page, then there is a possibility of browser being hijacked. your computer or system might slow down.New tools in the browser like a new search toolbar is installed there are some settings changed for your search engine

you should try by another browser if your problem continues. as Microsoft Internet Explorer is the most widely used browser at present times and because of its vulnerabilities, switching to an another browser such as Mozilla Firefox and many other browsers suitable according to you can reduce the amount of spyware you get on your system significantly .

after you have some threat detected on your system , Close all browser windows and keep only one window open.Visit a safe site such as Google or yahoo. If you are running Microsoft Windows XP operating system , update the latest Service Pack and this will help you to protect your computer against spyware.