Thread: Which is the best book for CLOUD COMPUTING concept

Which is the best book for CLOUD COMPUTING concept

Hello friends, I am in final year of my Bsc computer science. I want to study about the cloud computing along with my studies but I ,am confused that which book will be best to understand the concept of cloud computing. I will be really thankful for all the replies if someone of you can post the name of some book that will be best for the beginner. Thank you so much in advance for the reply.

Re: Which is the best book for CLOUD COMPUTING concept

There are many books in the market and many of them can confuse you.You can refer the " Cloud Application Architectures: Building Applications and Infrastructure in the Cloud "
    • Author: George Reese
    • Publisher: O’Reilly

I request all those people how are having good knowledge of the CLOUD COMPUTING to post some information over here so that it will be helpful for us.

Cloud computing offers services in software, platform and infrastructure across the network. It represents a new approach to IT, when technology is made available to companies as a service, when and as needed. There are essentially two types of cloud: the private cloud, in which all the hardware and software resources are contained within an organization or group of organizations, and the public cloud, where services are provided from outside through the network.

Cloud computing is transforming IT technology and the way in which companies operate, providing solutions more efficient, flexible and less complex, favoring the centralization and consolidation. The Cloud offers users the benefits of scalability, without the heavy economic exposure linked to the purchase and maintenance of IT infrastructures. The cloud services do not involve cost to capital. These Services are available on demand and are paid only when needed. Maximizing resource utilization and eliminating the presence of unused and wasted resources, companies can reduce costs and move to new technologies, acquire additional computing power or storage, and applications without having to adopt new investment projects. Cloud computing involves a monthly operating expense manageable and eliminates the risk of obsolescence, depreciation and underutilization of resources.

There are many of the classes running for the cloud computing. If you are really interested in this then you can join that as well along with your studies as this is having very bright future. It will be better for you if you join some organization that provides placement as well.

There has always been a great disparity between the IT resources available to small businesses and those within the reach of large organizations. Cloud computing allows SMEs to compete with larger companies by providing, in the face of a simple monthly fee, services and technologies that would otherwise be prohibitively expensive for SMEs.

Scalability is one of the main positive point of this. Cloud computing allows companies to easily expand, as the new IT resources and software applications are provided only when necessary. This means that companies are not forced to pay for services that will not be used, and should not buy more computing resources just to deal with peaks of activity.

The "cloud" is a shared resource that is not owned or controlled by the company, thus may raise concerns about the safety of data and processes. The service provider will maintain its physical infrastructure or protected storage and processing functions will be outsourced? What is the degree of protection for data at rest and during movement in Cloud?

Security is one of the main thing in this but I can assure you that they have made it very secure and one need not to worry about the security.

There is one more choice for this as well. And this third choice is made by the hybrid cloud, an environment formed by multiple providers of internal and / or external. This system allows you to enjoy the economic benefits of public cloud services provided by the combined control and compliance typical of private clouds. For example, a company can have a private cloud and at the same time work with a cloud provider to provide additional capacity at the storage level or infrastructure.

Thank you so much for your replies, I think that this thread has become very informative for someone to have a basic idea about the cloud computing. and this is all because of you guys. :