Thread: How do you find a picture you saved on your computer?

How do you find a picture you saved on your computer?

When I download image from internet it is saved in my computer. Now I want to see that picture. What should I do to find saved picture from computer. I am using windows Xp Any idea? Please help me.

Re: How do you find a picture you saved on your computer?

When you download picture from internet you first need to specify a location on your computer’s hard drive then download the picture. After completion of download you have to find the saved file through the My Computer then open the picture file with an image application.

There are so many steps are involved in downloading picture and saving it on hard disk so it is hard to say in which step you are going wrong. To find the location of picture that is recently downloaded from internet open same browser and try to save same any picture when you ask to edit the name of the file, you can see the old saved picture file from same location. Before saving the new picture click the drop down list “Save In” then see that folder location. For example “My Picture” which is stored in “My Document” you can open my document folder by double clicking on my documents on desktop.

When you find the location of the picture then the next step is to open that picture file. To open the picture you will require a program that is capable to open the picture file. Internet explorer should open it to view and print. If this not works for you then you will need another image viewing program. You can download several applications from the internet type "Image Viewing Program" on Google or yahoo. Select any application save and install it on your computer.

Make sure that when you are saving the image specifies the path. Select desktop for easiest location then click save. Go to desktop and double click the icon of picture name.

I use very easy way to save pictures to my computer. I have created a new folder on desktop of my computer. When I download picture I save all pictures to this folder. You can also try this simple location to save your picture.

My picture is neither saved on desktop nor My Pictures in my documents. Please help me to find picture on my computer.

You can find image which is saved in your computer. Click on “Search” from main menu. Then the new window will open towards the left in Search Companion bar click on picture, music or video. Then click in the checkbox in front of Picture and Photos. Then enter the file name for example “mine.jpg” then click on Search. Then you will get search results. Then right click on picture and select “open containing folder” then the folder will open in which the picture is saved by double clicking on that image you can view that image.

Thank you very much for the solution but I also forgot the name of the file. Please help me to find picture that picture is very important for me. Please help.

In this situation you have to enter “ *.jpg ” in the search box. Then all the .jpg files which are present in your computer will come in search result then find the picture that you want from this result.