Thread: Google Chrome 16 print to pdf files cannot be viewed in Adobe Reader X

Google Chrome 16 print to pdf files cannot be viewed in Adobe Reader X

As per the title mentioned, i used Google chrome 16.0.912.13m. web browser and i used it for internet surfing purpose on my windows XP. Now i got one bug on it. WHen i try to perform print to pdf file task on it. It makes problem. using inbuilt option, it able to convert and save this print page to pdf file format. BUt when i try to open it for viewing its content, i found that it won't open on my Adobe Reader X. Can anyone describe what happen on it? need some descriptions over it. SO, that i can use it in proper way. Thanks.

re: Google Chrome 16 print to pdf files cannot be viewed in Adobe Reader X

The best way to get the proper result by using the latest version of the adobe reader. Try this by using online application upgrade process. Adobe official site helps to perform this online upgrade task. After finishing this upgrade process, you can able to open such print to pdf files inside this application.

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    The best way to get the proper result by using the latest version of the adobe reader. Try this by using online application upgrade process. Adobe official site works to perform this online upgrade task. After finishing this upgrade process, you can able to open such print to pdf files inside this application.
    Instead of using the adobe reader application you can get same kind of result with the help of Google Docs Viewer. You never need to perform any more downloading large files process and waste your time. You can use it with the help of google chrom browser. synchronize it with your installed chrome 16 browser and check its result. This is helpful for you to fix your problem.

Google Docs Viewer does not work on files that require a log-in to view. Hence i would be say that first check the pdf file created from the chrome page is being need authentication or not. If it requires username and password type of authentications, definitely you can use adobe reader. Otherwise in normal pdf file viewing policy, you can use it instead of accessing content on adobe reader.

Google Docs Viewer capable to print the page on its own application features. This printed page has been comes with the pdf file format. There is nothing worry about print format and its related issue. Its google product. Hence no need to perform any complex file conversion or setting type of process on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatricef View Post
    Google Docs Viewer capable to print the page on its own application features. This printed page has been comes with the pdf file format. There is nothing worry about print format and its related issue. Its google product. Hence no need to perform any complex file conversion or setting type of process on it.
    If you still want to get the content in adobe reader x application and you already enabled Google docs viewer on it, disable it. yes, In that situations diable your google docs viewer option. then only you can view all the contents of the pdf file. Otherwise it always makes problem with the opening such print to pdf file in your windows system.

Try to turn the adobe reader plugin on in the about:plugins section of your chrome. This is also works to directly open the print to pdf file. Then you never need to do any additional process on it. Do this and check its result.

IF you want to disable Chrome Docs viewer app in windows xp & use the Adobe Reader for checking the print contents, use below process.
    • Enter chrome://plugins in Chrome 16 address bar and press go to option.
    • Select details option.
    • It shows "Chrome PDF Viewer" app option.
    • Disable it and enable your installed Adobe reader 9 application.

That's it. It works to open print pdf file content in Adobe reader 9 application.

I have the same problem. I have tried the suggestions of resetting the preferences in Adobe and relaunching this adobe reader applications. It works at the end. Hence i would be say that apply such simple process on your system instead of doing any complicated task on it. This is well for you to keep the browser working at its current stage.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleT View Post
    I have the same problem. I have tried the suggestions of resetting the preferences in Adobe and relaunching this adobe reader applications. It works at the end. Hence i would be say that apply such simple process on your system instead of doing any complicated task on it. This is well for you to keep the browser working at its current stage.
    Same problem here. I did uninstalling X and reinstalling previous Adobe Reader 9.4.0 version. It works and then i can able to view all the contents of the print to pdf file in my adobe reader 9 application. I never used Google docs viewer or any other app. i never use anything for doing any task. This is workful for me to get the best result over it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeM View Post
    Same problem here. I did uninstalling X and reinstalling previous Adobe Reader 9.4.0 version. It works and then i can able to view all the contents of the print to pdf file in my adobe reader 9 application. I never used Google docs viewer or any other app. i never use anything for doing any task. This is workful for me to get the best result over it.
    Thanks for all your feedback. Its really helpful for me to get the correct information about this issue. I also found its information on the official site of adobe. ALso such forums works well for providing correct informaiton. I tried adobe reader 9 on my system and it works to fix my issue. This is well work for me.