Thread: Does Multiple profiles defective in Google Chrome 16

Does Multiple profiles defective in Google Chrome 16

I'm using Windows 7 Starter edition with Chrome version 16.0.912.63 m. After being few practice on such browser, i found that this multiple profiles is a big mistake of the google chrome. As per the standard, it provides facility to sync from anywhere. But i think that it would be harmful for the security purpose. With the help of this, lots of synced users able to access other user profile and get security type of information's. With using such option he can also capable to get the password, history information and bookmarks. For securing such data, is there any options that hold only shared data. With using such client can only access data that allow for viewing in your that one shared data spot. If anything please let me know? Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Multiple profiles defective in Google Chrome 16

This type of multiple profile features build specially for the stable version. Hence i would be say that there is some kind of improvement necessary in this features. Currently one thing you can do here. Use access permission to all the users profile. Use it for security purpose. Otherwise not any option presents to fix such issue.

Sync features is being very easy to accessible in Google chrome. Hence lot of users try to access it and make multiple profile. One thing also necessary that apply access permission to this multiple profile on your administrator account. Make such admin account and then try to do this restrictions task on your browser. THis is well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauvery View Post
    Sync features is being very easy to accessible in Google chrome. Hence lot of users try to access it and make multiple profile. One thing also necessary that apply access permission to this multiple profile on your administrator account. Make such admin account and then try to do this restrictions task on your browser. THis is well for you.
    As a admin rights, you should try to avoid unnecessary users who has been makes profiles and don't use such profile for long time. Try to assign temporary profile to each of the user for initial stage. Then later on as per demand, assign them permanent user profile. This is well for maintiaing the rights of each of the user profile and handling such security is being so easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatricef View Post
    As a admin rights, you should try to avoid unnecessary users who has been makes profiles and don't use such profile for long time. Try to assign temporary profile to each of the user for initial stage. Then later on as per demand, assign them permanent user profile. This is well for maintiaing the rights of each of the user profile and handling such security is being so easier.
    I use this multiple profile option with my Google chrome browser. i already set setting of this chrome. It works to clear all the browser data after closing browser. This is really workful for me to avoid any type of hacking strategy. Instead of doing any additional process, you can just try to do this process and check its result.

I also think that this is right. YOu can assign temp profile to initial users. Then restrict them for accessing such type history, bookmark and specially password type of information. this will be work to provide protection in best way. Also use master password in that situations. This is well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DamarisK View Post
    I also think that this is right. YOu can assign temp profile to initial users. Then restrict them for accessing such type history, bookmark and specially password type of information. this will be work to provide protection in best way. Also use master password in that situations. This is well for you.
    YOu can also choose a guest account instead of doing any special process on this browser. It will be works to assign complete restrictions to other user. WIth the help of guest account you can restrict other user to get browser as well as other applications information. This is well for getting the best protections over this browser. Try it and check its result.

Quote Originally Posted by KirtiPatel View Post
    YOu can also choose a guest account instead of doing any special process on this browser. It will be works to assign complete restrictions to other user. WIth the help of guest account you can restrict other user to get browser as well as other applications information. This is well for getting the best protections over this browser. Try it and check its result.
    YOU can also check any option that works to disable this "Create multiple user profiles" in your google chrome browser. It permanently solve your security problem. I might be seen such option in setting menu. Hence try to search such option in setting menu. Hope you got such option and then solve your problem.