Thread: Is it possible to increase internet speed by changing the DNS server address?

Is it possible to increase internet speed by changing the DNS server address?

Hi was just checking the way to increase the speed of internet came across the article that saying that if I tweak the setting for DNS setting will increase the internet speed but somehow I doubt that I was just thinking the whether this is possible now I now that the Google is making afford to increase of internet world wide but does this achievable can anyone here confirm this I would really like to know this , is there any one here can tell mw is this can be achievable or already did this I would be really glad to know this thanks in advance

re: Is it possible to increase internet speed by changing the DNS server address?

I can say that this is true because at the time when you enter the incorrect website address the browser hangs this is because the browser is looking for the IP address of URL from the DNS server and in this case it is finding any . so as long you type the address correct the DNS will resolved it to the actual IP address hence this is why id the DNS server is response is low the more is the time it take to resolve the IP address and causing the internet speed slow . so tweaking might help

re: Is it possible to increase internet speed by changing the DNS server address?

Yeah it is true and Google DNS server is very much suggested among the people as it is said that it is the fastest DNS server so I would also recommend you to use the Google DNS server to get the faster browser experience hope this will suit you

I also use the Google and the Namebench is the free software that help me to do this it is very simple it use just follows this steps

• Download Namebench
    • For MAC
    • For Windows
    • Run the application and allow it to use its default setting unless it is showing the wrong region
    • Click start Benchmark

This will increase the Google public DNS by 215 % faster

Hopes hi will help you

As a lot of connectivity problem is finally traced to DNS troubles, you can put in to, or even change your ISP's nameservers with other public ones. The One of the best option is to make use of Google DNS, you only have to configure your network adapter to use the following IP addresses as your DNS servers:

But the way It is always the good idea to select a DNS server that is geologically close to you

This is some other free public DNS servers that you can make use of

• ScrubIt:

Code:
    • dnsadvantage:

Code:
    • OpenDNS:

Code:

Actually the fact us that the Domain Name System that is DNS is actually like a Phone Book or any Guide that made for the internet WebPages because as you type the web address the DNS is the one which fetch the web page trough the IP address hence it is very likely that DNS can increase the speed of the internet connection mainly using the faster DNS and if you tweak it properly it will benefits you more

You be able to also alter the DNS Caching setting to assist speed up internet connection. When you see any site, Windows set the DNS info into a local DNS cache on the PC. When you browse a website, your PC first sees in its local DNS cache, call the resolve cache, to see if the DNS info is previously in there. If it locates the info locally, it do not required to have to query a remote DNS server to locate IP statistics. The cache includes together the negative and positive entries that we can hack to assist speed up internet connection. Positive entries are those in which the DNS search for successfully, and you were capable to connect to the web site. while XP sees in the cache, if it locates the positive entry, it right away make use of that DNS data and sends you to the called web site.

This is very appealing. Google will have a list of all name resolution called from ever computer that uses their DNS server. possibly they might equal with your browser cookie with your DNS search to build a detailed record of your web behavior.

Hey thanks people here I was juat passing by and read this article really prove to be helpful as I was dowing loading something which too about 2 hrs now just taken only 35 minus to do so thanks once again

Re: Is it possible to increase internet speed by changing the DNS server address?

Indeed this is a is actually a great stuff as most ISP have extremely sluggish DNS. Well I came across Comcast which help me to increase millisecond boost though its worth it occasionally. It’s quite irritating when you want it to Google in place of going straight to OPENDNS search. I think the tweak is a good idea to boost the internet speed

knox-johnny Guest

Re: Is it possible to increase internet speed by changing the DNS server address?

A root name server is a name server for the Domain Name System's root zone. It directly answers requests for records in the root zone and answers other requests returning a list of the designated authoritative name servers for the appropriate top-level domain (TLD). The root name servers are a critical part of the Internet because they are the first step in translating (resolving) human readable host names into IP addresses that are used in communication between Internet hosts.

A combination of limits in the DNS and certain protocols, namely the practical size of unfragmented User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packets, resulted in a limited number of root server addresses that can be accommodated in DNS name query responses. This limit has determined the number of name server installations at (currently) 13 clusters, serving the needs of the entire public Internet worldwide.