Thread: Internet is only working in safemode after updating the graphics for Skyrim

Internet is only working in safemode after updating the graphics for Skyrim

I have recently updated the graphics for the Skyrim and after that my laptop crashed and i was getting a black screen.Later i removed the divers by going in to the safe mode and when i returned back to the normal mode then i found that i was not able to use the internet as the wireless adapter was not getting enabled. I have found that i am able top use the internet in the safe mode but then i want to use it in the normal mode. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Rajni Guest

Re: Internet is only working in safemode after updating the graphics for Skyrim

I have recently updated the graphics for the Skyrim and after that my laptop crashed and i was getting a black screen.Later i removed the divers by going in to the safe mode and when i returned back to the normal mode then i found that i was not able to use the internet as the wireless adapter was not getting enabled. I have found that i am able top use the internet in the safe mode but then i want to use it in the normal mode. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have never heard of a problem like this before but then i just wanted to know that have you done something else than just updating the graphics?? have you changed any kind of settings recently if you remember? and what have you tried so far to solve it out, so i don't suggest you the same. Just answer me the above questions for further help./

Other than that i have just installed Norton but then now i have uninstalled it again and i have also removed the other unnecessarily program from the msconfig-start up but even after doing all this i am not able to use the internet in the normal mode and i have to use the same in the Safe mode with networking.. I had tried installing the update for the graphic card again but then after the installation the system crashed again and then i was getting a block screen. I have now uninstalled the driver but not able to find out a solution to solve the internet issue. Any further help will be appreciated.

Rajni Guest

• Firstly I think that you should try out a system restore and in order to do that just go to the start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore and after that choose a date before you had the update and when you were able to use the internet in the normal mode as well.
    • After that i will suggest you to remove Norton using the Norton removal tool.
    • Then go to the device manager and then get the old driver that you were using.
    • If it is possible than just run a tcp/ip reset and then send me the details that you get.

Just to help you in detail, You can follow the below steps for resetting tcp/ip:
    Go to start and then go start and then click on run and then type "cmd" without any quotes and run it as an admin.
    After that just type the below commands one by one and make sure that you press enter after every command:
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    • netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

After doing this just reboot the machine. Just make the not of any messages you get during the process and then let me know.

I have tried the above steps but then i am getting this:

Just check it out and then let me know if i have done anything wrong??

Rajni Guest

I have gone through this but then i just wanted to ask that are you getting this after completing the Norton Internet removal tool procedure??

Yes i have completed the Norton tool procedure and even after that i am not able to use the internet in the normal mode, If you want you can take a look of the wireless adapters in normal mode in my case:

In safe mode:

I will suggest you to remove the drivers first and after that install them manually. I will suggest you to get the below driver.
    • 25/08/2010 8.741.1.5000

Just try it out and then let me know what you get.