Thread: Requiring a reboot after an upgrade of Mozilla Firefox 8.

Requiring a reboot after an upgrade of Mozilla Firefox 8.

i was previously using internet explorer as a default browser for windows and later decided to use Mozilla Firefox. the version with which i was working was 7.0.1 and recently made an up gradation to Firefox 8 and after installation of complete version it demands for a reboot. please assist me in this as there are other computers with the same problem. i don't want to reboot my computer.

re: Requiring a reboot after an upgrade of Mozilla Firefox 8.

yes, surely there are problems regarding the reboot of computer, but the only solution at this time i can give is that, there is no requirement for a reboot. and you should perform only restarting of Firefox. after this work done, i suppose effect.

you are saying is absolutely right but the problem persisting with me is that, there is a requirement of reboot. this is taking time as i don't have a single computer to do all this work, there are other systems to do. there is a small window appearing which states for restarting to complete a previous upgrade of Firefox and then denoting to have a restart of your Pc.

i should make out that there is a severe problem occurring with your system and the problem does not seems relative to Firefox. you should check in system for the problem, there could be viruses or malware encountering your system. you should check antivirus program for further research. if this problem persists, remove the Firefox from your system and work with another browser. with another browser, there will be no problem i think.

I was having the same problem similar to your kind. there could be windows update issue by which you are facing these problems. at the time of pressing the reboot from that Firefox prompt, the win update is not able to do all the work. , that's the reason why it remains waiting and Firefox will keep asking for a reboot. i think the best way to go rid of this problem could be by just performing all windows updates and then try a reboot/shutdown of the system normally, so that windows is able to get all those issues sorted. next to this, make an install of Firefox once more and everything should work well for this. finally i discovered that i had 10 windows updates which required a system shutdown. after performing all those, i made a installation of Firefox 8 and there are no issues arising after this.

yes there was a a similar kind of problem which i was facing. i can say that in this case, when you don't have full admin rights these type of errors may occur. there was no installation of admin rights in my first upgrade. i can specify some steps to sort out. try this, first login as a admin and then in programs there will be a Firefox folder. rename it. have a reinstall of Firefox and then log out and login to your normal user. after this have a start of Firefox. and in this case every thing will work fine.

i think there are some problems with your original version of Firefox browser.you should uninstall it completely, and make sure that thee is installation done with a fresh copy of Mozilla Firefox 8 setup. you can definitely come across some solution through it. the update file missing produces these type of instances to occur.

Re: Requiring a reboot after an upgrade of Mozilla Firefox 8.

i think there are situation where there might be possibility of that your computer must be restarted to complete a earlier upgrade. you should make sure of whether the anti-virus software is forcing the installer to reboot for having a complete update.