Thread: Why Mozilla Firefox 8 window is always on top?

Why Mozilla Firefox 8 window is always on top?

Recently I have installed Firefox 8 on the computer of mine. I have noticed an issue when I am trying to send stumble, I could not get the pop box. Though it gets pop up but actually it is behind of the browser. I have noticed all the pop up are being displayed behind of the browser. Let me know if you are aware of any setting which will resolve the above mentioned issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Why Mozilla Firefox 8 window is always on top?

Looking at the matter I am asking below mentioned questions which will be helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem.
    Which operating system do you running? What is the configuration of the computer? is pop up boxes from the browser of Windows itself? Also provide any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

After going through the issue of yours I recommend that you simply run the browser into Safe mode. You need to use the following steps to run the browser into Safe mode.
    • You have to click on the Help menu from the Toolbar and then you have to click on Restart with Add-ons disabled.
    • You will get a dialog box on the screen. You will get the number options which you can select.
    • After selecting the desired option you have to click on the Continue in Safe mode.

I am suspecting that you have installed Always on top on the browser. This particular addon is supposed to keep the browser window on the top. So you should remove the same from the browser and see whether it is working or not.

Rajni Guest

Was there same issue with the pervious of the browser? If there was no issue with the previous version then I recommend that you should downgrade the browser to the previous version. Still the issue is seems to persisting that you should try with other browsers which are available. You can try any of the below mentioned.
    1. Opera
    2. Google Chrome
    3. Internet Explorer
    4. Apple Safari

Any software can have bug in the code so I also doubt that Firefox 8 is having the bug issue. So there is no mean to fix the bug issue on the public forum. However you can contact the developer team and file a bug report to them. They will get into the code of the browser and figure out the bug and fix the same. once they have fixed the bug they will release the patch which you can use.