Thread: Will Mozilla Firefox 8 updated silently?

Will Mozilla Firefox 8 updated silently?

I wanted to discuss an interesting thing over here with the users of this particular forum. Well I have come to know about that the future version of Firefox is going to download and install on the computer without any notification. So you will not need to bother about downloading as well as authorizing of the update on the system. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will Mozilla Firefox 8 updated silently?

Well I have searched about the thing which you have stated over here that the developer team is working on the Windows service approach to fix UAC issue. This particular service will install optional component which will continue the update install without doing any kind of the UAC prompt on the computer.

Silent updates mean updating without prompting. This particular update can be updated or might not be updated. The term force update means that updates which are made without prompting for the approval and there is no way to prevent them. You might or might not noticed that the software which is being updated when you are supposed to see them. As far as I have understood the thing Firefox will support for the silent update but there will not be any forced updates.

We can increase the permission with the windows a system managed service which can run once it is getting installed. You can do the same in multiple manner.
    • You should run at the Start up I mean either from the boot list or at the start up folder.
    • Also you should install Service through the service manager which executes the instruction to start which is based on the demand or automatically.
    • Another option is using the Task Scheduler on the basis of the configuration.

We are aware of the thing that is the Web browsers are supposed to evolving really fast. The Mozilla is looking to provide the best web experience. They are supposed to evolve really fast and the developer are expecting. They should done the same by simply releasing the small update. They are looking to improve the security as well as stability of the browsers.

People are shouting that the notification are seems to be irritating and they are wondering that the silent process of updating would be more acceptable. Another reason why people are notified for the updates because they have installed incompatible add-on on the browser. So there should be some serious steps to solve the incompatibility with the add-ons. The enterprise customer should go through the cycles of testing so that the browser and add-ons which are dependent on the work. Also make sure that the add-on should be re code whenever required.

Any user who is having the administrative access on the system should give the permission to the Firefox through the UAC prompt then the user is having the automatic updates on and there should not be any reason that it should be ask about the elevating of the permission whenever you are trying to update.