Thread: Unable with cac card reader to log onto secure websites in Internet Explorer 9.

Unable with cac card reader to log onto secure websites in Internet Explorer 9.

i using a default web browser as i am with windows7 operating system. there was no issue with internet explorer but seems that there arises a issue at the time of using a cac card reader. initially i used to surf and log on websites with the cac reader. but recently i found that there are some issues with it. earlier i used to pick a certificate and put in my pin, and it worked fine. afterwards it just says that it is not able to display website. i am not getting with it now. please suggest me in this situation.

re: Unable with cac card reader to log onto secure websites in Internet Explorer 9.

the first solution to this i can give is that, press F5 to refresh to page at the time when you get the message of not displaying the website, i think that there is a possibility of loading it.

re: Unable with cac card reader to log onto secure websites in Internet Explorer 9.

there are other options to try with. at the time when page is opening towards bottom, click Tools, after this try to choose Change User Agent String and the later select Internet Explorer. to do all this Press F12. if in this case it does not tend to work , try with reloading - F5 . it will work in some case or the other.

you require in this stage to to install the DOD certificates. according to me it will prove helpful in this case. i receive calls all day and it is either DOD certificates or security settings missing with it. there were some common mis conceptions regarding the version of internet explorer.and as per my knowledge i can say that, it dosent depend on the version of the internet explorer you are making use of but it has been proved that the IE 9 also runs AKO finely.

i can say here that you should make use of internet explorer 8 instead of 9. the lower versions could get enough support for your site. or if it does continue with the ame , i shall recommend with another browser apart from IE. try with Mozilla Firefox. i think some operating system has encountered with problem so, you are not able to perform the same. or just try with another computer to have an access over your problem. you can also try with the settings inn the Internet explorer. resetting explorer settings will make a difference in some sense. try with some secure websites finally. and then later have a try for the actual one.

Re: Unable with cac card reader to log onto secure websites in Internet Explorer 9.

first of all , all you need in the initial stage is the registration of CAC with AKO before logging in.

Delete the Browsing History, Preserve Favorites Website Data, Temporary Internet Files , Cookies in the order mentioned below.
    in the Tools , click on the Internet Options and on General Tab < Browsing History < Delete
    again after deleting those under General Tab, Browsing History , click on Settings.

Disk space to use 8MB only < Ok
    in the Security Tab < Trusted Sites in Window <Sites
    by selecting and clicking remove button try with the removing of all websites ending in .US.ARmy.mil & .Navy.mil
    later close it.

in the Content Tab < Certificates < Intermediate Certification Authorities Tab
    only 3 certificates should be seen , mentioned below.
    DOD email ca 23
    DOD email ca 23
    DOD ca 24
    if you see Entrust, remove it
    in the Connections Tab you will find LAN settings
    ensure for nothing is checked < OK

Again in the Advanced Tab when browser is closed in the bottom you will find Temporary Internet Files Folder . check for it emptiness.
    make sure of taht only SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 are selected
    reopen the Internet Explorer after closing it. log into AKO or any other DOD CAC site.

finally after this procedure, after clicking on each of your certificates remove it. at the time of inserting your CAC into the reader your certificates should be available to Windows . try logging once more.