Thread: Cannot install Firefox 8

Cannot install Firefox 8

I have download the Firefox setup in my computer and trying to install that. But every time I try to do that then it shows me the message as Installation failed with a OK button on that. If I press OK then it does nothing and not showing me any further information about this. I jtried to install that many times but all the times it shows me the same thing. Can somebody over here can guess that what is the problem with that and how can I get it installed nin my system without any problem. Please help me.

Re: Cannot install Firefox 8

I think that the setup that you have downloaded is corrupted and this is the reason that the installation process id getting aborted. So what you can do is re-download the setup and then install it from the new setup. If this is due to corrupted setup then it will solve the problem for you.

To check that if this is due to the antivirus that you are using or not, you can try by installing the Firefox 8 by keeping the antivirus disabled. The antivirus might be interrupting the process of the installation. Other than this, make sure that you are logged in as the administrator of the system as this can also be one of the reason for this problem.

What if there is problem with the setup that you are using. So my suggestion to you is to redownload the setup and then install it over again with the newly downloaded setup.

Some of the times it is not getting installed with the normal Windows mode. So you can try by installing that in the safe more. So if any of the way is not letting you to install then you can try by installing it in safe mode. Good Luck!!!