Thread: Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is not able to open tabs or new window

Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is not able to open tabs or new window

Hi friends In my computer I was using internet explorer 8 and I was facing problem with the tabs. Whenever any link force to open new tab or window at that time window open with the blank page and it does not load anything, now after that I have upgrade the browser from IE8 to IE 9 and after that also i am experiencing the same problem with the internet explorer.

What should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is not able to open tabs or new window

Many times because of the cache and cookies this type of problem can take place and that is why I would like to tell you that clear the cache and cookies from the internet explorer 9 browser and after clearing the cache and cookies from your browser you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after clearing the cache and cookies from your browser your problem might get solved.

Try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

If you have tried to solve this problem by clearing the cache and cookies from the internet explorer and after that also if you are experiencing the same problem with your browser then you should start the internet explorer browser after disabling the add-ons and after that you have to check whether you are able to open the new tabs and window or not. If you are able to open the tabs and window properly after trying this solution then it means problem is with any of the add-ons installed in your internet explorer.

To start the internet explorer with add-ons disabled you have to first go to the start menu and then you have to click on the all programs and then you have to select the accessories and after selecting the accessories you have to select the system tools and then you have to select the Internet Explorer (no add-ons).

I think add-ons is not causing this issue but problem is with the internet explorer 9 browser and I think you should reset the internet explorer setting and after resetting the internet explorer setting your all problem will get resolved.

To reset the internet explorer 9 browser you have to follow these steps.
    • First open the internet explorer browser.
    • Now after that you have to select the tools.
    • Now click on the internet options.
    • After that you have to select the advanced tab.
    • Click on the reset and then click on OK.

I was also facing the same problem with the internet explorer 9 and after that first I thought that problem is occurred because of the add-ons and after that I have disabled all the add-ons in my browser but after disabling the add-ons also I was facing the same problem. After that I have reset the internet explorer setting and after resetting the internet explorer in my computer all the things started working fine.

I will suggest you to you should also reset the internet explorer setting and after that your problem will also get solved.

As you have said that I have to clear the cache and cookies and after looking at your post I have cleared the cache and cookies but after that also problem doesn’t get solved. Now after that I have disabled all the add-ons in my computer and after disabling the add-ons also I was not able to open the tabs and windows in internet explorer. Resetting the internet explorer doesn’t make any difference.

Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the internet explorer in your computer and after reinstalling the internet explorer in your computer your problem might get solved. you should first try this solution and after that let me know what the result is. If you need any more help then let me know.

I have uninstalled the internet explorer from my computer and after that I have installed the internet explorer again my computer. Now after reinstalling the internet explorer 9 in my computer it was able to open the tabs and new window. Thank you for helping me .