Thread: Unable to print HTML pages from Internet explorer 9 or Outlook 2003

Unable to print HTML pages from Internet explorer 9 or Outlook 2003

I was using internet explorer 8 browser in my computer and some days before I have upgrade the browser from IE 8 to IE 9. Whenever I try to print any webpage from internet explorer 9 or whenever I try to print any email which is formatted in HTML at that time I get script error. Please tell me how to fix this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to print HTML pages from Internet explorer 9 or Outlook 2003

I have gone though the problem which you are facing and if you want to solve this issue then you have to try to solve this problem by disabling the script debugging option in internet explorer 9 and after disabling that you have to try to print the HTML page again and then check whether your problem get solved or not. I think this solution will help you to fix this issue?

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution. by disabling the script debugging option in internet explorer 9 you will be able to fix this issue. If you don’t know about how to disable the script debugging then you have to go according to these steps.

First you have to open the internet explorer 9 browser in your computer and after opening the opening the internet explorer browser in your computer you have to click on the tools option and after clicking on the tools option you have to select the internet options. Now after that you have to select the advance tab and after selecting the advance tab you have to go to the browsing section and then you have to check on the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) option and after that click on the OK.

After performing the above steps your problem will get solved.

If after trying the above steps also if you are getting the same problem then you have to try to solve this problem by doing the windows updates. When you do the windows updates in your computer at that time you have to click on the link which says that optional updates are available and then you have to check whether there is any updates related to the drivers are available or not. if there is updates are available the install the updates and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

As far as I know you have to first make sure that your firewall or antivirus program is not blocking the Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java. Many times antivirus program or firewall blocks this thing and because of that this type of issues cam take place.

Are you using the current version of the direct X in your computer? if you are not using the current version of the direct X in your computer then I think that is the reason why you are facing this problem. you should first download the current version of the Direct X in your computer and after downloading the Direct X installer you have to install the Direct X in your computer and after installing the Direct X you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I have searched on the internet about this problem and I came to know that by turning off the hardware acceleration option in the computer this problem can get solved. I think you should also try this solution and after that check what the result is.

To turn off the hardware acceleration in your computer you have to follow these steps and then you have to open the control panel in your computer and then you have to open the display item. After that you have to click on the start menu and then you have to type the desk.cpl in the search box and then press enter. After that you have to select the display setting and then you have to select the advanced setting and then you have to move the hardware acceleration slider to the none. I hope this will help you to resolve this issue.

You should also try to solve this problem by deleting the temporary Internet-related files. Many times because of the temp files also problem can take place and that is the reason why I am suggesting you this solution. try this trick to solve this problem.

You can also try to fix this problem by setting the security option on the default level. Try this tricks and then check what the situation is.

I have tried the solution which you have suggested.

First I have disable the script debugging option and after that also I was getting the same problem.

I have installed the latest drivers though windows updates but that doesn’t help me to solve this issue.

I have disable the antivirus and firewall in my PC and after that also same problem is occurring.

I have also tried to solve this problem by turning off the hardware acceleration in my computer and also by installing the Direct X but non e of the solution worked for me.

I was also experiencing the same problem with my system and after that I have tried to solve this problem with various solution but that doesn’t helped me to solve this problem and then I have done some changes in registry values and then problem get solved. what I did is I created the new DWORD value called "Force RTF Printing" and after that I have set it to 1. This value I have created in the printing section of outlook with the help of the registry editor. You can also try this solution.

If you don’t know how to navigate the printing section of outlook in the registry editor then you have to follow this steps.
    • Open start menu.
    • Type regedit in the start menu search box.
    • Press enter.
    • Now go to the software from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in left pane of the window.
    • After that open the Microsoft folder and then open the office.
    • Now you have to open the 11.0 and then you have to open the outlook folder and then you will get the printing folder.
    • In the printing option you have to create the new value.

Check on the official site of the printer whether there are any driver updates available or not. If you find the driver updates on the internet then download it and then install in the computer and then check whether your problem get solved or not. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.