Thread: Is there a option to open download files automatically in Internet Explorer 9?

Is there a option to open download files automatically in Internet Explorer 9?

I want some of the safe files should get open up automatically as soon as they are downloaded but this is not happening in the IE9 at all. Well in the previous versions of the internet explorer I was getting the dialog box and also the options to choose as well but I am not able to see the same in the IE9? Why is that so?

Re: Is there a option to open download files automatically in Internet Explorer 9?

I don’t know if that is fixed or not yes there was some suggestions for the changes in the designs and hence what I want to say is that we will have to wait till there is some changes implemented from the design team regarding this issue. So better wait till that time. That’s what I want to say here. I hope that was enough for you, that’s it from my side.

Re: Is there a option to open download files automatically in Internet Explorer 9?

I have got some steps for you make sure you follow it so what I want to say is that
    1) Just download the file that has the extension which you always want to open.
    2) Now press the Ctrl-J, buttons now a box will appear before in the bottom there would be an options which says "Always ask before opening this type of file". You have to uncheck it.
    3) No whatever files are there with that extension then it is ok for you to go with it.

Well that method works for only particular extensions and not for all the extensions at all, so that’s what I am saying here. now do you all have any idea on how to add the extension in that list. If any idea then please do share it with me as well, that would be better for me. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Repeat the same procedure for that file as well with the same extension, that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here. that’s what you should be checking out for sure. Repeat the same steps that is given in the second step and then follow it accordingly. That’s what you should be doing.

Rest I don’t think so there is any other method to follow it. Hope you might have understood what I am saying here.

I am stuck In a very strange problem here, so what I want to say is that I get an open with option for some of the files and for some files I am getting Copy download like and Go to download webpage. Is it ok or is it something missing over here? what do you all have to say about the same. please reply accordingly on the same.

These also depends on some of the file types where files like exe, msi and txt files do get the option of open with and while some don’t. so that’s completely ok for sure.