Thread: Firefox 7: system failed the anti-phishing/malware test

Firefox 7: system failed the anti-phishing/malware test

Hey all i am having Firefox 7, and with this in my system i use up to date version of AVG security. but when i try with the anti-phishing/malware test at that time i get that My system failed the anti-phishing/malware test. i am asking this here because, i have question about firefox 7. will AVG, will affect the firefox to not do the test?? if yes then please reply me back about this.hope that someone know here that why i am getting this problem??

Re: Firefox 7: system failed the anti-phishing/malware test

Ok, if you are getting this type of the problem then for that i will suggest you to use the Phishing and Malware Protection of the firefox. i am sure that this will help you to keep you safe online. and also this feature will warn you whe you are going with the page which is reported as a Web Forgery of a legitimate site. and also this all features will warn you if you are going to visit a site designed to harm your computer. try use that feature of the firefox, i am sure that with that you will not get any problem. and also let me tell you here that the Firefox 3 or later contains this built-in Phishing and Malware Protection. try with this and if you are getting any problem then reply me back.

Ok dude, can you here please reply me back that what will it ask?? and also tell me back that from where can i get this Protection?? and thanks for telling about this, before this i was not knowing about this.

Yes, i was also not knowing about that, but i get it in the email from firefox. in the mail they have told me 6 tips to stay safe while browsing. and also for that they have also mentioned the link for that, from there i get the idea about this safe browsing. you can also try with this, and i am sure that you will also happy with this.

Dude, i am sure that you have not got that email from the Firefox and i am very sure about this. this is because Firefox does not send e-mails to random users. you are going to get this type of the mail only if you have registered on some official Mozilla e-mail list. and also according to me , this type of the mails are scam e-mails. with the help of this type of the mails you will get scare and after that they will told you that you are infected with malware. and after this, they will afterwards you are offered a so called "security update" which in reality will infect you computer with a virus. not sure about this, but still first make sure then go for this.

Hey all, i am also agree with above user, this is because i am using the Firefox 7.0.1 and with this also i get the same email. and when i opened that at that time it assured me that I was not protected from phishing. and also they have also told me to follow the instruction to download Firefox. but at at that time i dont follow that instruction, this is because , i am having Firefox 7.0.1 and run it in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx , so i dont think that i will get infected by the virus. and also with my system i am not having the AVG security and i am really very happy with this.

thanks you all for telling me about this. but can you all please tell me that what can i do now?? becaue i am not able to do the anti-phishing/malware test. please reply me for this.

yes, i am also \having Firefox 8.0 and for that also i am thinking for doing anti-phishing/malware test. and for the same reasons i have also tried with the so many for the suggetion but still i am not able to do that thin g. when i came here at that time i get that someone here have told that there is inbuild feature for this type of the test. and then when i checked the firefox at that time i dont get this type of the facility in that. can here anyone tell me that from where can i do that test??