Thread: how to Unhide forward button in Firefox via userChrome.css

how to Unhide forward button in Firefox via userChrome.css

can anyone here tell me back that this is possible to Unhide forward button in Firefox via userChrome.css?? if anyone here know anythings about this then please reply me back about this things. i have also tried wiht the checking the setting for that things but still there i am getting that i am not able to do that. please suggest me here if anyone have the suggestion about this. thanks in advance..

Re: how to Unhide forward button in Firefox via userChrome.css

Hey if you are trying with doing that things than for that i will suggest you to follow the follow things::

• first you willl need to try with the put a 'separator' in between the back/forward button and the urlbar.
    • when you done with that thing then use this CSS code:
    • Code:
      #navigator-toolbox[iconsize="large"]:not([customizing="true"]) #nav-bar toolbarseparator {display:none !important;}

try with this and reply me back what happens when you try with this.

Yes, i tried with the suggestion which you have suggested me in the above post. yes, this is working very fine for me. but still i can say here that I can live with it. what to do now??

Here if you are going to try with this code than at that time i would like to say that CSS code above will still work at hiding the additional separators. and also if you are going to try with the doing this all things then at that time you will get the things as::

• if you are trying to do this things with the Toolbar window at that time you will get reload and stop buttons uncombined from the urlbar.
    • and also if you are going to make a separator between the urlbar and the reload button at that time this setting will make the combined reload/stop button appear to right of the urlbar.

reply me back about the results of this.

while searching for the suggestion about this, my friend told me that i can add a Space after the forward button, and also he told me that i can also do that things without the adding any CSS rules. but can anyone here told me that how this is possible??

for you i will tell that this will be applied to the 'big' icons only. i am also having the new Nightly build and with that i am using the small icons. and i have not tried with that all things yet.,and also i am telling you this all thins because, when i am trying with this all things my Nightly Windows 64-Bit profile at that time i get that this is preventing the forward button from disappearing with large icon. and when, i tried with the same in the 32-Bit Windows build profile and in the fresh profile at that time i get that i am able to do that things. but i dont thing so much about this because, i don't like to do this all things. i am telling this all things over here because i have noticed this all things. hope that this will help you while trying with the doing the Unhide forward button.

for your information, i would like to say here that there is no conditional forward button for the small iconset. but here i am having the way for doing that things and for that i will tell you that since the iconset is totally flat i am not sure if the same neat effect can be achieved.
    for doiung that things, i will suggest you to try with the::

Code:
    #nav-bar > #unified-back-forward-button + toolbarseparator
    {
       display: none !important;
    }

I dont think that what toolbar iconsize doesnot matter in this case. and if you are trying for that things then for that you will need change the toolbar mode because button will still be hidden as long as the toolbar "mode" is icons only. and also thanks for suggesting me about the help in this case. before trying with this all, i was having the big, ugly block of css reverting all of the changes. hope that someone over here will help me for resolving this problem.

Ok, if you are thinking for doing the conditional forward button then for this, i will suggest you to try with the following case, and i am sure that at there you will not get problem with this.

Code:
    window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button
    and also if you want to disable it then for that you will need to change anyone which are here::

• large icons mode
    • icons only mode (not text)
    • back/forward touching urlbar

yes, i tried with this all which you have suggested me, and this is working very fine. now i am able to try with the Unhide forward button in Firefox. thanks again for suggesting me about this.

Yes, i am also searching for the doing the same thing and i have also tried with the all the suggestion which you all have suggested to me. but still after that i get that this is not working for me. thanks for suggesting here about this all things. what can i do now????? and can Kulbhushan reply me back that how can he get that the problem is resolve??