Thread: Google maps with webGL has poor performance on Firefox Aurora 9.0a2

Google maps with webGL has poor performance on Firefox Aurora 9.0a2

Today I was trying to find a location of my friend just for fun notice that my Mozilla Firefox is not supporting it just so poor performance that I can barely able to use it don’t know what is wrong with this the recently introduce MapsGL system is not compatible with this web browser can anyone here confirm this I would really love to know this or it is only my pc I am not sure . I didn’t use any other browser but I hope this problem Is not related to the browser please replies guys I would be really glad to know this thanks

Re: Google maps with webGL has poor performance on Firefox Aurora 9.0a2

I don’t have that problem in my pc i guess it’s just you . however my build is very high quality so that why I am don't have this problem on my p c . you said you did not try any other browser just check it on the other browser whether its work or not and please report back the result

Mine crashes on the display driver I thinks just the intel graphing is not just enough for it its really awful I am not sure but I am guessing that it must be blocked and consequently put out of action hope this will get solve soon

If it is crashing the browser that it must be Bug 694495 I have came across the site where I saw this bug was mention I am not sure it has been solved yet but this bug make the Firefox crashes in the WebGl edition of Google Maps hope this will help you

I don’t think whether I am correct or not but I think this would be the inefficacy of the graphing feature that’s is employ in browsers now I have the graphic card that able to render full-blown, openGL game like Doom III that have very twisted shaders and extremely high polycounts at high frame rates that is having the similar time chokes rendering 20 textured cubes through simple point lighting on a 600x400 viewport so because of the graphic inefficiency might cause this it’s just appears to be wrong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Beatricef View Post
    I don’t think whether I am correct or not but I think this would be the inefficacy of the graphing feature that’s is employ in browsers now I have the graphic card that able to render full-blown, openGL game like Doom III that have very twisted shaders and extremely high polycounts at high frame rates that is having the similar time chokes rendering 20 textured cubes through simple point lighting on a 600x400 viewport so because of the graphic inefficiency might cause this it’s just appears to be wrong to me
    Its look likes to me that it is the problem for some pc and for some it is not the incapacitation of the graphic feature. now mine was working totally fine on the Mozilla Firefox 8 beta 8.0b3however anything which is come after that it is very slow on work on my machine but the other are reporting the same was working totally fine on their machine .

People also posted that they have been having the edge-smoothing or Anti-Aliasing but the rest at the time of the map been s static. Consequently, this would make us think that there is a bug that causing different machine differently hope that would be get solved soon

Quote Originally Posted by Beatricef View Post
    I think that you are actually comparing it in the wrong way as you are trying to compare the game that is made with the c or c++ code with the web browser that so only use the code of the java script now the game has major accesses to the GPU than the web browser so I guess this is not the valid comparison to make

Quote Originally Posted by Deverell View Post
    I think that you are actually comparing it in the wrong way as you are trying to compare the game that is made with the c or c++ code with the web browser that so only use the code of the java script now the game has major accesses to the GPU than the web browser so I guess this is not the valid comparison to make
    Yeah you are correct but if have 4 boxes running around without capturing user events or perform any logic by any means, do not believe that matters. And relatively, ANGLE translates all API OpenGL ES 2.0 calls in the of Direct X calls

This is working exactly fine with me and by the way my machine specs actually very low so I guess GPU is nothing to do with this it just the web browser that is having this problem

This is really very funny that means in future now you will have to use the gaming pc to view the WebPages in full mod .that mean now we need better drives to view on the webpage

I have came across the think Adobe demonstrated on the running Unreal 3 engine on the web browser but I am not sure what to say about this but this is for the sure that the webGl really terrible and I am not impressed by it performance it .