Thread: Not able to back out of web sites after visiting them in Firefox 9

Not able to back out of web sites after visiting them in Firefox 9

I am running windows 7 on my computer and I have recently installed Firefox 9 on my computer and it is working fine and then only problem that I have noticed is that when I am visiting any website and then when I am clicking on the back button then it is not taking me to the previous page which is a normal function of the back button while browsing. So is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to back out of web sites after visiting them in Firefox 9

I am facing the same problem with the Firefox 9 and even I am not getting any response for the "back" arrow button or Alt and the left arrow keys and in order to go back I have to click on the home page button and then I have not navigate to the page that I want other than that it also keeps saying that the FireFox needs to resend data. I have also found that I am not able to use the right scroll bar in order to navigate up and down as its home page screen is too wide for the monitor that I am using. Is there anyone who has an idea about this issue then please share it will be highly appreciated.

I am running windows 7 on my computer and I have recently installed Firefox 9 on my computer and it is working fine and then only problem that I have noticed is that when I am visiting any website and then when I am clicking on the back button then it is not taking me to the previous page which is a normal function of the back button while browsing. So is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Just try the below solution and see if it is making any difference.
    • First Type “about:config” without the quotes in the address bar and after that you will get a warning so don’t panic and then just accept it.
    • After that just type “network.http.max-connections” in the Filter box of the page that you will get and also change the value to 32.
    • After you make these changes just close the about:config page and then restart the browser.

Perform this and then let me know whether you are able to get it solved or not.

I have tried the same solution steps by steps as you have specified above but then I am still not able to get it work, is there any other solution that I can try to solve it out. I really want to get rid of this. Any further help will be highly appreciated.

I have tried the same solution steps by steps as you have specified above but then I am still not able to get it work, is there any other solution that I can try to solve it out. I really want to get rid of this. Any further help will be highly appreciated.
    Before I suggest you all something I wanted to know if you are able to open the tab history list by just holding the mouse button on it or not? As far as I know “resending POST data” comes when we move or refresh a page and it just ask for the confirmation by giving that pop up and you won’t be able to avoid that pop up by back button but you will have to use a middle-click or a Ctrl + left-click and you should be able to using this you should be able to close the pop up and go back. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

You can try out the following solution.
    • Export your bookmarks to an html file.
    • Uninstall Firefox and you can do that by using Revo Uninstaller and delete all the root directories and registries.
    • After making a clean uninstallation reinstall it and see if it is making any difference, if it works then you can just import your bookmarks from your saved html file again.